BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2018 Grand America 2 weeks ago. Traded in my 2012 Victory Vision for it, had a 2012 Victory Cross Country, 2009 Road King, VTX 1800N, and without a doubt this is the best bike I have ever ridden. Never thought I would ever buy a BMW, but after looking at a local dealer, a test ride and doing so research I decided to give it a try. I was a little nervous about the different riding position, but it honestly more comfortable that I thought it would be. 91 degrees here yesterday and went for a 4 hour ride without any issues. On the Victory my legs would have been on fire the first 1/2 hour. This bike is incredible... I don't know why anyone would want to ride anything else. 100 lbs. lighter, twice the power and a foot shorter and rides so smooth. Makes riding fun again.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Welcome to BMW and the forum. This is the place for real answers. Glad you made it!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new bike! You have some beautiful scenery to enjoy on your rides.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome! I really enjoyed riding through Adirondack Park when I lived in VT. Except for the deer...

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Congrats on the new GA and welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Where are you located? I am in Glens Falls.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome. Can't wait to try this on the Tail of the Dragon and the Back of the Dragon. Didn't get to go down last year because of COVID, trying to talk the wife into going down this year. We try and hit the Tennessee and Virginia areas every other year or so. Few months ago hit Ohio's Windy 9, Triple Nickle and stopped to see the Mothman. Decent riding but nothing compares to riding down in Smokey Mountains

1 - 7 of 7 Posts