BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 K1600GTL
17 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
11500 or more
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You need to come south and west in the Commonwealth to enjoy our mountains and curvy roads. Highway 56 might interest you with the new machine easily handling the challenge.
Agree. Been on 16 and 91 near Tazewell, and the Blue Ridge Pwky quite a bit. 211 near me over the Blue Ridge to Luray is short but fun, and 33 toward Elkins is nice. 56 looks like a destination!

·
Registered
'13 K1600GT, '17 Bonneville T120
194 Posts
Hello and thanks,

I'm Mike and live in Northern Virginia. Been riding for (dang, cannot believe) over 45 years. No kids, so gobs of bikes owned over the years - from Harleys to Ducatis and many in between.

Have ridden pretty much all over the Contiguous US, and road sport bikes in Europe for many years while serving there.

Drag raced Harleys with a national sanction for few years until a front tire explosion at over 125 and subsequent ICU stay ended my racing career.

I've owned a 2019 R1250GS for almost three years, and just traded a HD Road Glide on a 2022 K1600GTL. My wife and I have been from VA to CA twice on Harleys, and look forward to more touring on the K1600.

So far, I'm amazed at how well the K1600 handles. 1200 miles on in in 8 days of ownership, 45 degree lean angles showing on the Connected app, and 136 MPH with the top case still on (yeah, I 'm still a speed junky). It ain't a Panigale, but it's far better than the HD pleasure barges.

As for personal details, I'm married, love photography, and have spent decades in some form of government service.

Anyway, my first post to say hi and introduce myself.

View attachment 172302
Welcome from Texas! That's a beautiful bike.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello and thanks,

I'm Mike and live in Northern Virginia. Been riding for (dang, cannot believe) over 45 years. No kids, so gobs of bikes owned over the years - from Harleys to Ducatis and many in between.

Have ridden pretty much all over the Contiguous US, and road sport bikes in Europe for many years while serving there.

Drag raced Harleys with a national sanction for few years until a front tire explosion at over 125 and subsequent ICU stay ended my racing career.

I've owned a 2019 R1250GS for almost three years, and just traded a HD Road Glide on a 2022 K1600GTL. My wife and I have been from VA to CA twice on Harleys, and look forward to more touring on the K1600.

So far, I'm amazed at how well the K1600 handles. 1200 miles on in in 8 days of ownership, 45 degree lean angles showing on the Connected app, and 136 MPH with the top case still on (yeah, I 'm still a speed junky). It ain't a Panigale, but it's far better than the HD pleasure barges.

As for personal details, I'm married, love photography, and have spent decades in some form of government service.

Anyway, my first post to say hi and introduce myself.

View attachment 172302
Mike,

Welcome from Dallas Texas area.

I have the 2020 version and color of your bike and absolutely love it.

Easy B

21 - 27 of 27 Posts