BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 446 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I made some risers for my bike. They work great. I spent a lot of time on the program so thought I would make some extras. They are CNC machined from aluminiun and easy to install. I will include stainless bolts and instructions. They can be used on GTL or GT. All cables reach for my GTL. Forum members have reported no changes needed to use on the GT also.

I can save you some money as I will sell these for $140 per set. I can accept paypal.

See pics here BMW K1600 PULLBACK risers

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Looks like a nice bit of kit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
These look a lot like the eBay ones. Having owned those, though, I can definitely see that yours are a bit different. I appreciate (and I'm sure others will, too) that you state a more realistic pullback for yours. The eBay ones claim a pullback of 2" when in reality they're more like 1.125".

Anyway, these look nice and hopefully you can enjoy some payoff for your hard work!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
risers

These look a lot like the eBay ones. Having owned those, though, I can definitely see that yours are a bit different. I appreciate (and I'm sure others will, too) that you state a more realistic pullback for yours. The eBay ones claim a pullback of 2" when in reality they're more like 1.125".

Anyway, these look nice and hopefully you can enjoy some payoff for your hard work!
Thanks for the positive comments. You have a good eye. Mine are slightly different. It is hard to measure the exact rise and pullback. But i do believe 1.5 inch up and 1.5 inch back is closer to what you get. I really like the difference on my GTL. Jim

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Nicely done! I purchased the fleabay ones couple months ago or I'd jump on this. The difference it makes in helping move body weight off the wrists is really great for me. Strongly recommended! :gm

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I never considered repositioning my handlebars because I felt them to be in the perfect position. Never had any neck or shoulder pain even after 12 hour rides. I did notice two things however. First, when using the highway pegs my arms were stretching oh so slightly beyond a normal feel. Not really uncomfortable, but it limited the time I’d spend with my feet out front. Then, when I got my RDL and during the break-in period, I’d find myself slipping forward out of the “pocket” designed into the seat. Neither was that bad, but a tweak was in order.
Then when I saw Jim’s add for the bar risers, I thought I’d give ‘em a try. Once the PayPal transaction cleared, Jim seemed to be on a quest to get them to me as soon as he could. Had them in two days. The fit and finish of the kit is of top notch quality. Took about an hour to install with easy to follow instructions. When I first sat on the bike, the difference was very subtle. Not anywhere near the rudimentary laid back ape hanger feel I most definitely did not want.
The next day I did a 500 mile day ride. What a difference they made. Now I don’t slip forward out of the RDL pocket and when on the highways churning miles, I can keep my feet on the pegs for long stretches in complete comfort.
When I first rode a GTL, I thought I’d found motorcycle perfection. That’s why I bought one. Apparently perfection exists in varying degrees because as my farkle list grows, I find myself approaching motorcycle nirvana. What awaits out there to take me that final step?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
risers

I never considered repositioning my handlebars because I felt them to be in the perfect position. Never had any neck or shoulder pain even after 12 hour rides. I did notice two things however. First, when using the highway pegs my arms were stretching oh so slightly beyond a normal feel. Not really uncomfortable, but it limited the time I’d spend with my feet out front. Then, when I got my RDL and during the break-in period, I’d find myself slipping forward out of the “pocket” designed into the seat. Neither was that bad, but a tweak was in order.
Then when I saw Jim’s add for the bar risers, I thought I’d give ‘em a try. Once the PayPal transaction cleared, Jim seemed to be on a quest to get them to me as soon as he could. Had them in two days. The fit and finish of the kit is of top notch quality. Took about an hour to install with easy to follow instructions. When I first sat on the bike, the difference was very subtle. Not anywhere near the rudimentary laid back ape hanger feel I most definitely did not want.
The next day I did a 500 mile day ride. What a difference they made. Now I don’t slip forward out of the RDL pocket and when on the highways churning miles, I can keep my feet on the pegs for long stretches in complete comfort.
When I first rode a GTL, I thought I’d found motorcycle perfection. That’s why I bought one. Apparently perfection exists in varying degrees because as my farkle list grows, I find myself approaching motorcycle nirvana. What awaits out there to take me that final step?
Krider thanks for the feedback. I am glad your are enjoying the risers. I really like them on my GTL also. Jim

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ordered a set of Jims Bar Risers also. Fit and finish made for an easy installation. Quick shipping and nice to give money to a forum member for their work.
Was able to go for a short ride to check out the new position. So far, very good. The bike felt different at parking lot speeds but will get used to that.
Jim was excellent to deal with. If you need this product, give Jim your business. Rich

·
Registered
208 Posts
I picked up a set of these yesterday from Jim, as he happens to live nearby. He was kind enough to let me check them out on his GTL before buying. I installed them today and I really like them. That inch or so was exactly what I needed. As others have said, it took about an hour for the install.

I did notice that my Wunderlich bar bag is now hanging over the fuel filler cap a little. Not enough to cause a problem with the normal gas pump nozzle, but the vapor recovery types may require moving the bag to fill up.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pullback Risers

I picked up a set of these yesterday from Jim, as he happens to live nearby. He was kind enough to let me check them out on his GTL before buying. I installed them today and I really like them. That inch or so was exactly what I needed. As others have said, it took about an hour for the install.

I did notice that my Wunderlich bar bag is now hanging over the fuel filler cap a little. Not enough to cause a problem with the normal gas pump nozzle, but the vapor recovery types may require moving the bag to fill up.
Ryk Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. Glad you like the risers. Jim

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pullback Risers

Ordered a set of Jims Bar Risers also. Fit and finish made for an easy installation. Quick shipping and nice to give money to a forum member for their work.
Was able to go for a short ride to check out the new position. So far, very good. The bike felt different at parking lot speeds but will get used to that.
Jim was excellent to deal with. If you need this product, give Jim your business. Rich
Hi Rich. Glad you got the risers installed. I hope you have some riding weather left. Take care. Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, just took delivery of my new K1600GT Sport and after 40 miles my initial impression is that I need some bar backs. I'm interested in yours, they look well made, but I'm wondering where you stand with returns. You don't state whether I need new cables and I don't know if they will work with my tank bag. If I do I would need to return them. What's your policy?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi, just took delivery of my new K1600GT Sport and after 40 miles my initial impression is that I need some bar backs. I'm interested in yours, they look well made, but I'm wondering where you stand with returns. You don't state whether I need new cables and I don't know if they will work with my tank bag. If I do I would need to return them. What's your policy?
In the original post Jim states you may need longer brake/clutch lines for the GT. I believe it is your money back if you are not happy. Not for sure though. I am sure Jim will chime in here. Installed on my GTL without problems. :)

1 - 20 of 446 Posts