BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

481 - 494 of 494 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·
Hi Stephen.
There are a few things I would like to point out about those risers.
1. They are made in China.
2. They purchased my risers and copied them.
3. They even stole the photo off my eBay add. The view of the risers from the right side is the photo I took using my 2013 GTL.
4. I use grade 8 stainless steel bolts. There bolts I don’t know.
5. Even though they copied my risers there is one area they did not copy and it will cause the risers to hit the plastic on your bike when you turn the bars full left or right.
6. You already know mine are good Quality and fit and finish is good.
Thanks for letting me address this question before you purchased your risers.

Jim Ryan
314-705-3144

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I got some and love them! The sore spot between my shoulders when riding a while went away. THANKS:)

·
Registered
20 K1600B
323 Posts
Hi Stephen.
There are a few things I would like to point out about those risers.
1. They are made in China.
2. They purchased my risers and copied them.
3. They even stole the photo off my eBay add. The view of the risers from the right side is the photo I took using my 2013 GTL.
4. I use grade 8 stainless steel bolts. There bolts I don’t know.
5. Even though they copied my risers there is one area they did not copy and it will cause the risers to hit the plastic on your bike when you turn the bars full left or right.
6. You already know mine are good Quality and fit and finish is good.
Thanks for letting me address this question before you purchased your risers.

Jim Ryan
314-705-3144
When I was in the light bracket business, while set up as a vendor in couple of diff shows. Suspicious persons, not of US origin, would show up with cameras taking closeups of varing angles of my products, then would come back later wanting to purchase products. I WOULD NOT SELL TO THEM ! I also would not ship anywhere other than US/Canada. You cant cover all the possibilities, but can only try !

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
When I was in the light bracket business, while set up as a vendor in couple of diff shows. Suspicious persons, not of US origin, would show up with cameras taking closeups of varing angles of my products, then would come back later wanting to purchase products. I WOULD NOT SELL TO THEM ! I also would not ship anywhere other than US/Canada. You cant cover all the possibilities, but can only try !
If I was starting over I would follow your advise. That's for sure !

·
Registered
4 Posts
2014 K1600GTL
I got my risers last week. They were very easy to install. I went for a 2 1/2 hour ride and had no pain in my back. Sitting up straight and enjoying the ride. These are a game changer!!
Thanks a lot Jim Ryan!!

Jim Smith
Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
5 Posts
2019 K1600B, still making these risers, looked at the set for sale on eBay and they look misaligned in their pics. Would like to buy a set. PM me with your pm me with your info and we can make a deal. thanks 325 716-3416

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
Hi Rob. I have a set ready to ship to you. You have the silver forged bars ? If so those risers are $129.95.

I accept Venmo, Apple Pay, and PayPal. I pay shipping in the US. My email is [email protected]
Please include your shipping address. Thanks

Jim

481 - 494 of 494 Posts