BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few members ask for risers with no pullback. I finally got around to making some. I have tried them on my Grand America and they work great. They fit the aluminum forged bars. Will fit any K1600 2011-2020 with the aluminum bars. Looking for 2 Beta testers to try them. If you fit them and give me some feedback I will offer them at half price. Again for the first 2 only. I plan at this time to sell them for $69. I pay shipping and include stainless steel bolts and instructions. MADE IN USA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ll give them a try. I have a 2014 K16 GT and have been in the market for some taller bars but these might work better. I’ll leave feedback on this post once I get them on and send pictures too.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I had a few members ask for risers with no pullback. I finally got around to making some. I have tried them on my Grand America and they work great. They fit the aluminum forged bars. Will fit any K1600 2011-2020 with the aluminum bars. Looking for 2 Beta testers to try them. If you fit them and give me some feedback I will offer them at half price. Again for the first 2 only. I plan at this time to sell them for $69. I pay shipping and include stainless steel bolts and instructions. MADE IN USA.
View attachment 140595 View attachment 140596
View attachment 140594
Looks like you are in the manufacturing business again. Still using mine from several years ago on a 2014 GTL. The height is fine for me but I would like a couple of inches more set back.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Have you thought about makeing a set that just moves them back and not up :) I think thats my issue. I tried the other risers but the bars are to high.

·
Registered
455 Posts
So, I am 6'4" and have a really ABNORMAL torso height. I wear a standard length pant of 32", so most my height is in my torso. Had my parents saw fit to give me more reasonable dimensions, I probably could have played in the NBA. Instead, now I have a myriad of issues, like, it seems no handlebar is really tall enough. I already have a set of your risers, and a pair of knock off's too, as you may recall screwed up my paint.

Anyway, can these be used in conjunction with your original risers? If so, do you see any issues?

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll try a set on my 2018 GTL.. I purchased a set of the Orig, but they got tossed when I had my house rebuilt after a flood.
PM. sent with ordering info. You will be beta tester number 2. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, I am 6'4" and have a really ABNORMAL torso height. I wear a standard length pant of 32", so most my height is in my torso. Had my parents saw fit to give me more reasonable dimensions, I probably could have played in the NBA. Instead, now I have a myriad of issues, like, it seems no handlebar is really tall enough. I already have a set of your risers, and a pair of knock off's too, as you may recall screwed up my paint.

Anyway, can these be used in conjunction with your original risers? If so, do you see any issues?
jfink I did not make them to be stacked but a few members did stack them. I have a handlebar here and I can show you what it would look like when they are stacked. If you want to see pics just send me a PM with your phone number or email. Also Mountain GT has run 2 sets of pullback risers stacked. But i can't guarantee the cables will reach.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jfink I did not make them to be stacked but a few members did stack them. I have a handlebar here and I can show you what it would look like when they are stacked. If you want to see pics just send me a PM with your phone number or email. Also Mountain GT has run 2 sets of pullback risers stacked. But i can't guarantee the cables will reach.
Your risers are on the way. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got a set of the Helibar risers(sorry) and the pullback seems to be too much. I find myself resting my wrists on the handlebars on longer rides. Your new risers sounds like just what I am looking for, please put me down for a set. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got a set of the Helibar risers(sorry) and the pullback seems to be too much. I find myself resting my wrists on the handlebars on longer rides. Your new risers sounds like just what I am looking for, please put me down for a set. Thanks!
PM sent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put the risers on bike this morning and the install is real simple. You can do this in less than 15 min. I plan to put some miles on it this weekend and will report back what I think. So far this install was straight forward and they look good. Here are a few picks of them on bars before I installed the bars back on.

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
I also installed my set that just came in. Unlike above install mine was slightly more challenging due to me double a double- it is a back and then up. With two things are a little tighter but the lines are all good to go. May get first chance to test out tomorrow as I need to pickup prescriptions for me and my daughters.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just put the risers on bike this morning and the install is real simple. You can do this in less than 15 min. I plan to put some miles on it this weekend and will report back what I think. So far this install was straight forward and they look good. Here are a few picks of them on bars before I installed the bars back on.
mewalkerO Thanks for the feedback and photos ! If you get a chance give us a photo of them back on the bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts