BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ordered a Sargent Seat over the weekend after much deliberation. While I have had and enjoyed a Russell Day Long on a GSA, I elected this route through a recommendation of a friend. I just cannot get past giving up my seat pan for the new seat, or buying another one, just to pull it apart. I am still watching for a used one, but they do go pretty quick. I have run across a couple of Low seats but if anything, I wont a little more height as my legs would rather have relief to the pegs if anything. We will see how this all goes. I have always managed to get second hand farkles to this point and saved some $$$, and if I did not like them managed to get my money back on a resale. Hopefully buying new will not burn too much later on...

That being said, has anyone regretted buying a Sargent? I figure the Russell is better but I am curious to see if there is a horror story or anything to be aware of, but as I see it, they seem to be an upright company that stands behind their product.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a Sargent and don’t regret it at all, but I didn’t find the stock seat all that horrible. Of course, seats are personal so ymmv, but Sargent has (or at least had) a 30 day money back guarantee if you didn’t like it

·
Mr.Fix It
7,418 Posts
Yes, I had a Sargent, was no better than the Rick Mayer I had. Luckily I bought it used from @Caffeinated; he didn't care for it either. I subsequently sold the Sargent to someone here on the forum and went back to the Rick Mayer. Last fall I borrowed a front seat from @FloRider, sent it to Russell, and now have an RDL Sport. I got the RDL Sport back middle of December and a couple of days after getting my left knee replaced. I have absolutely NO concerns about the Russell.

Duane

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes, I had a Sargent, was no better than the Rick Mayer I had. Luckily I bought it used from @Caffeinated; he didn't care for it either. I subsequently sold the Sargent to someone here on the forum and went back to the Rick Mayer. Last fall I borrowed a front seat from @FloRider, sent it to Russell, and now have an RDL Sport. I got the RDL Sport back middle of December and a couple of days after getting my left knee replaced. I have absolutely NO concerns about the Russell.

Duane
Duane, what did you like better about the Sport version you now have ?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
...and don't forget the requisite photos!!

·
Mr.Fix It
7,418 Posts
@ezymount , I borrowed a Russell Sport from @Chop96 last summer for 7,000 mile trip out west. No issue sliding off seat when aggressively cornering. Daily mileage ranged from a low of about 300 miles to a high of 1,109 miles. Never ONCE did I get a hot spot or squirm during trip.

Reactions: ezymount

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know a link for taking the lock cylinder out of the OEM seat? I got the seat in 5 days after ordering and will tackle it tomorrow. I have not had the time to read the literature that it came with yet though. (I like pictures/video more than words...)

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nevermind, I think I finally found something I can use

·
Mr.Fix It
7,418 Posts
@Jwmead72 , as you've probably discovered, you don't remove the lock cylinder, you remove the lock cylinder/mounting plate as one piece. If I remember correctly the hardest part is disconnecting the heat seat plug to access.

duane

1 - 10 of 10 Posts