BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, all. Just picked up my first BMW- a 2019 GTL. Loving most everything about it. I've learned a lot from various threads here, and now it's time to join the conversation.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Awesome, congratulations, and welcome!! Glad you're here. New bike pics are essentially mandatory...plus it's practice for learning how to post pics! :grin:

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Awesome, congratulations, and welcome!! Glad you're here. New bike pics are essentially mandatory...plus it's practice for learning how to post pics! :grin:
Welcome! And amen to this^^^^! I was certainly "tingly all over," as @Wandering Star suggested.

*grumbles* Now, if someone will only teach me how to TAKE better pics.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome Chris, there is a lot to learn on a new K1600 (or any K1600) for the uninitiated. I've only managed 120 miles on mine so far. Work keeps getting in the way. Home in 2 weeks to continue the 'bonding' process. I'm like a kid at Christmas time in anticipation. Enjoy and please put up a pic or two when convenient.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Wel-=6=-ome to the show!

Photos and complaints immediately please!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcoming messages. I've out about 2000 miles on her in the last couple weeks. The tech can be a bit glitchy (my bitching post as requested) but she rides great and gets nothing but compliments out of me and other drivers.

How to post pictures?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wel-=6=-ome to the show!

Photos and complaints immediately please!

Holding up the Bike booklet with the Nav VI booklet with the Sena booklet and figuring out the true and best way to pair everything was a bit.... frustrating. But I've got it all figured out.

Still can't figure out how to post pictures here though.

Got myself a new jacket and Sena helmet. Got my wife a Sena for her helmet. Picked up pannier bags, a phone mount, and highway pegs for the front crash bars. I'm thinking handlebar risers, rear crash bars with a cupholder, and a new seat are on the agenda. Don't think I need a new windshield, but I suppose I don't know what I'm missing.

Was just window shopping for these bikes when I found a deal I couldn't pass up. My in-laws both went to Beamers from their Road Kings and higy recommended I give it a shot. Each recommended their model BMW as the perfect bike, of course. Test rode the 1250RT, 1600B and GTL and decided the GTL was for me (and it was priced the best)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear son-in- law, you bet we recommended the BMW’s. With a drive shaft and front telelever suspension for smooth day's on the road, PRO ABS coupled with lean angle, traction sensors and software that actually works to bring it all together. The system saved me once and that's all it takes. I will also feel better when you have my first born sitting on the back for her safety to. Enjoy the GTL you did good and let's go riding before you are deployed overseas again Sergeant.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dear son-in- law, you bet we recommended the BMW’s. With a drive shaft and front telelever suspension for smooth day's on the road, PRO ABS coupled with lean angle, traction sensors and software that actually works to bring it all together. The system saved me once and that's all it takes. I will also feel better when you have my first born sitting on the back for her safety to. Enjoy the GTL you did good and let's go riding before you are deployed overseas again Sergeant.
Good to see you on here. No first born coming just yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, YOUR first born. Got it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thats Awesome!!!!.

I just purchased my first BMW last month. I purchased the K1600B, I am loving this bike!!! Although I am scraping the feelers on the floorboards in the canyons. Congrats on your new K1600 GTL!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts