BMW K1600 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Hello everyone. New to this forum and I joined because I really need your advise. I'm about to buy a 2012 1600GT. I felt in love with this one, but I do consider of the weight. I live in a steep hill, almost 15% degrees, and my garage door opens in the middle of it. In addition to that, my garage is narrow and I cannot turn the bike around to get it out.
Please tell me how easy is to maneuver the bike, so I can get it out with the tail. I'm 5.9'' and the bike doesn't have a reverse.
(Excuse my English... :) )

Thanks in advance!
Is there nowhere else at all you can park it? While it may be inconvenient to not have it close to home, that may be more convenient than damage you might get from a drop…especially without bars.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Discussion starter · #24 ·
Is there nowhere else at all you can park it? While it may be inconvenient to not have it close to home, that may be more convenient than damage you might get from a drop…especially without bars.
After a little search in the neighborhood, I found a plot that seems to be ideal. It's flat and wide enough to turn the bike. The downside is that there isn't any roof or protection, so I must cover the bike every time.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Gentlemen. I proudly announce that I found my dream girl. After several searches I finally found this beauty. It's a 2017 model with a reverse (thank god) and suddenly all the problems were fixed.
I can easily get her in and out without any particular hassle. Of course is a beast, but manageable, since my feet are all the way down firmly. Thank you all for any advice you provided and I'm sure I will be a happy owner!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.