BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into a trip to New Zealand.
Anyone have any experience with tour companies.

I have been browsing "Paradise Tours". Lots of info, also lots of money.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do have a vested interest, right up front.
New Zealand is well known as a fabulous country for touring, but you probably know all about that.
I personally have assisted Motoquest (Alaska), Beachs MCA, and many private groups in touring New Zealand
I have been involved as a good friend, with the company that started it all in 1987, Te Waipounamu Motorcycle Tours (NZ). I've been with them from when it was three second hand bikes to now, with over 100 late model bikes. I have also taken regular commercial motorcycle tours in Europe (Beachs), Africa (SAMA, Peru (Motoquest), and have toured privately in 27 countries. I keep a BMW 1200GS in Arizona USA. And have toured all States there except Florida. The Alaska Highway three times.
Te Wai actually hosts many other tour companies, so if you go with one of them, Te Wai will be organising the actual tour. Motoquest, Edelweiss, Ayers MC Tours, German ADAC and many others. Te Wai organises and supplies the bikes for these tours. Te Wai also supplies the bikes for some of the others.
The big attraction is the US - New Zealand dollar rate. One $US buys around $NZ1.60.
Whatever choice you make, you won't be disappointed. If you decide to do a commercial tour, my suggestion would be Motoquest 2021.
All the best, but make sure you do it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts