BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Soupa Mod
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was posted on the Facebook K1600 page.

For Canadians ClubPlug.ca and for US ClubPlug.net

Great pricing on these spark plugs. On the Cdn site they also give an additional 5% off.

My 6 plugs with free shipping and HST came to $78.58

I changed the plugs on my 2011 3 years ago and it cost me $29 cdn each.

Attachments

·
Outta This World
1,852 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

For anyone wondering whether clubplug is a good place to order (regardless of price), I have purchased more than 8 different times from them and service has been great. They communicate well and always deliver quickly.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Great pricing for sure!

·
Premium Member
6,372 Posts
Will they come and install them? :grin:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just got this email from them

NGK just informed us that the plugs you ordered are on backorder and they expect new stock beginning of Jan. 2020

·
Outta This World
1,852 Posts
Just got this email from them

NGK just informed us that the plugs you ordered are on backorder and they expect new stock beginning of Jan. 2020
I did not get an email and I ordered earlier today from the CDN website. When I have gotten that message in the past they always followed up with questions on whether I wanted to cancel the order or wait.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yea they asked that too i just didnt copy and paste that bit, if you go to the ngk website says its national backorder, so may just be us

·
Soupa Mod
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I go the backorder email this morning. For the price it is worth waiting for.

Hi Paul Thank you for choosing www.ClubPlug.ca for your NGK Canada products. Our NGK Canada Rep. just informed us that the spark plugs you ordered are on backorder and they expect new stock mid-Jan. PLEASE NOTE, the estimated time is only an approximate date, many times the product may show up sooner. Please let us know is you cannot wait until then? We will get them shipped out to you ASAP. Regards, Frank Vessella Club Plug Inc. Toll-Free: 1-866-772-(PLUG)7584

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
I was able to get a set from Rocky Mountain ATV a couple of months ago for $13.88 each (US), with free shipping, but I think they’re on backorder now until January.

·
Registered
587 Posts
For amuricans, NGK sells direct at prices that beat or compete with anyone who is a distributor of their products.

Before I said fairwell to my k16, NGK was pricing me at 11 per plug. If you are paying 20 or more per a plug, you are doing it wrong.

·
Outta This World
1,852 Posts
Got the backorder email as well but I wasn't really needing them anyhow so its worth waiting

·
Outta This World
1,852 Posts
For amuricans, NGK sells direct at prices that beat or compete with anyone who is a distributor of their products.

Before I said fairwell to my k16, NGK was pricing me at 11 per plug. If you are paying 20 or more per a plug, you are doing it wrong.
In Canuckian Kopecks that 11 USD dollars becomes 14.56/plug Canadian or 87.36 or the set. In this deal we were paying the equivalent of $8.75 USD per plug or $9.89 USD per plug after tax (with shipping).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just as an FYI, the national backorder is now extending until March 2020.
It is good that I live in a place that has winter right now. I can tear the bike down and be ready for the plugs to come in.
If it takes too long, I may just have to bite the bullet and get them from the dealer.......
I may order a 2nd set so as I have them for the next service cycle.

·
Outta This World
1,852 Posts
I got my back order fulfilled 01-04 ('ish) from Clubplug.ca. One month from order to delivery. I did verify that they are genuine plugs since the subject of 'fake plugs' has come up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm getting ready to have the 18000mi service done when my recall gets done - How many folks have found that these plugs require replacing at 18000miles? Seems to me they should run at least 60,000 before requiring a change.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm getting ready to have the 18000mi service done when my recall gets done - How many folks have found that these plugs require replacing at 18000miles? Seems to me they should run at least 60,000 before requiring a change.

I think they are good past 50k. I changed mine for the first time at 38k with no issues. Having said that, if you are going to do the valve check at 18k, I'd grab 6 plugs online somewhere and change them out. I just did mine at 38k because that was the first valve check for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts