BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted Akrapovic the other day and asked if they had plans for an exhaust for the B/GA models and they said they do not have plans for an exhaust either model. I refuse to pay $2100+ for the Remus, so hopefully Fullsac or others will offer something more realistically priced.

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
I contacted Akrapovic the other day and asked if they had plans for an exhaust for the B/GA models and they said they do not have plans for an exhaust either model. I refuse to pay $2100+ for the Remus, so hopefully Fullsac or others will offer something more realistically priced.
If you had an issue with the Remus price then be glad Akrapovic isn't entering the market; you'd have choked at their price...

Duane

·
Registered
309 Posts
If they visited this site in the last 6 months, they would see that there is a growing market for the products for the B and BGA.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I am going out on a limb here by guessing you guys came off of Harleys. ;)

I thought about the Remus briefly. In my mind, I put myself on a long trip with the din of a performance engine in my head for maybe 14 hours.

I kinda like the stealthy stylings of my Grand. I will not stay behind straights or tuned pipes; these folks will hear my exhaust first.

All that said, I get it; the throaty sound of a real engine is alluring. It will also be a thing of the past in 50 years or so, giving way to motors.

·
Registered
166 Posts
. Drill your stock ones out.
Do you have more info with regard to drilling the stock pipe and a sound clip please.
Info like instructions and maybe a pic. Also the size of the drill bit please.
How would you say it sounds compared to the remus on you tube.
Thank you bud

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
I am going out on a limb here by guessing you guys came off of Harleys. ;)

I thought about the Remus briefly. In my mind, I put myself on a long trip with the din of a performance engine in my head for maybe 14 hours.

I kinda like the stealthy stylings of my Grand. I will not stay behind straights or tuned pipes; these folks will hear my exhaust first.

All that said, I get it; the throaty sound of a real engine is alluring. It will also be a thing of the past in 50 years or so, giving way to motors.
Ive owned about 30 bikes over the years, 1 of them was a Harley. Just 1.
Ill be pushing daisies long before 50 years from now. lol
I don't like it real loud, but some exhaust sound would be nice. Not gonna spend 2k for it.
Don't want it THAT bad. :)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Ive owned about 30 bikes over the years, 1 of them was a Harley. Just 1.
Ill be pushing daisies long before 50 years from now. lol
I don't like it real loud, but some exhaust sound would be nice. Not gonna spend 2k for it.
Don't want it THAT bad. :)
I think this sums up how many B owners feel. They don't want a loud exhaust, nor are we trying to duplicate the sound level of a Harley. We would simply enjoy hearing a little more of that lovely 6cyl exhaust note. It's unique and wonderful.

Whoever builds such a system and offers it at a reasonable competitive price will hit a home run. Especially if the slipons look good too.

I believe this will happen. It's not if but when.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think this sums up how many B owners feel. They don't want a loud exhaust, nor are we trying to duplicate the sound level of a Harley. We would simply enjoy hearing a little more of that lovely 6cyl exhaust note. It's unique and wonderful.

Whoever builds such a system and offers it at a reasonable competitive price will hit a home run. Especially if the slipons look good too.

I believe this will happen. It's not if but when.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
The problem Scott, is that despite what some will lead you to believe, they don't sell many K bikes, in particular Bs (relative to the market as a whole) so the aftermarket isn't rushing to produce a whole lot.
The saving grace is that the few aftermarket suppliers realize a lot of folks here have deep pockets so they grudgingly make a few products for us as long as were willing to pay a big premium.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
+1 for wishing Steve at Fullsac would make some baffles for the B.

I had some fullsacs in my stock HD pipes. Great sound when you got on it but reasonable when light on the throttle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I personally don't think the picture of the Akrapovic on the B is much of an appearence improvement over the stock chrome pipes. Wasn't a big fan of the stock set up and knew before I wrote the check for the bike that the Remus pipes were a probability. Love them and would do them again but it would have been nice to have more than one option to choose from.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just installed these: https://www.maxtorquecans.com
I really like them, I'm an old superbike rider, these remind me of super bike pipes so I love the look. I know not all will like this look, but the stock pipes are way to large in my opinion. The B is a power cruiser so these just look right to me. They are about 8 lbs each side. I weighed the stock mufflers with digital scale, 19 lbs each side!!! So I dropped 22 lbs off the motorcycle!! Sound amazing! Removeable baffels also. Really lets the 6 sound like it should, not stock like a sewing machine!! Love that sound, change the ride and puts smile on when you let the 6 sing!!
I wanted the Remus, but couldnt bring myself to spend 2 grand on some black pipes. These were around $850.00 with shipping. Made in UK.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I just installed these: https://www.maxtorquecans.com
I really like them, I'm an old superbike rider, these remind me of super bike pipes so I love the look. I know not all will like this look, but the stock pipes are way to large in my opinion. The B is a power cruiser so these just look right to me. They are about 8 lbs each side. I weighed the stock mufflers with digital scale, 19 lbs each side!!! So I dropped 22 lbs off the motorcycle!! Sound amazing! Removeable baffels also. Really lets the 6 sound like it should, not stock like a sewing machine!! Love that sound, change the ride and puts smile on when you let the 6 sing!!
I wanted the Remus, but couldnt bring myself to spend 2 grand on some black pipes. These were around $850.00 with shipping. Made in UK.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No doubt they look much better than stock!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Could you post a couple of photos of the complete bike with this exhaust? So far it looks good but I would like to get a better overall view.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts