BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When streaming from my phone (Samsung S9+) to the Nav VI, I only get a "Connected" message on the Nav VI. I was expecting to see artist/song information. I have tried my music player (Rocket Player) , Pandora, and Sirius/XM, all the same. See attached photo. Is this normal? When reading mp3's from the SD card I do get song information, just not when streaming from the phone. The Nav VI also does not read songs stored on the phone (mp3's).

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those of you who were waiting anxiously for an answer to this, I contacted Garmin and was informed that this is the normal display for a non-iPhone phone; the iPhone will provide artist info when streaming. Yet another discriminatory blow to us Android users.

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Thou shalt not pray to other gadgets than of the Apple denomination

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is there a way to just Bluetooth from your phone to your headset? Not sure why you are sync'd to the Nav VI.... unless to hear point by point nav info?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
For those of you who were waiting anxiously for an answer to this, I contacted Garmin and was informed that this is the normal display for a non-iPhone phone; the iPhone will provide artist info when streaming. Yet another discriminatory blow to us Android users.
BMW has geared their bikes mainly for Apple connectivity. And this applies to the Navs with BMW branding.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a way to just Bluetooth from your phone to your headset? Not sure why you are sync'd to the Nav VI.... unless to hear point by point nav info?
Matter of personal preference really, I prefer controlling the phone functions with the more glove friendly NAV VI. I'd rather have my phone tucked away in my tank bag and not exposed to the elements. I also share the NAV VI between two bikes and have a second transmitter paired for radar, makes it simpler.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BMW has geared their bikes mainly for Apple connectivity. And this applies to the Navs with BMW branding.
Same with their cars - our brand new 330i has Apple Car Play but no Android Auto!

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same with their cars - our brand new 330i has Apple Car Play but no Android Auto!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts