BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a K1600GT but no radio unit or buttons in the left inner fairing fitted, the gps cradle, usb/aux cables in RHS stowage, antenna, bluetooth antenna and plugs for the radio unit are all present.

Besides the fairing button switches and radio unit, what else is needed to bring audio to the bike and any idea for possible sources to bring music to my ears?

Much appreciated
Rob

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Find out if the navigation preparation is installed (can be retrofitted) and go for a NAV VI. It will stream content from your iPhone or from its internal storage to your headset and you are all set. Phone integration comes with it and you can stream from your helmet to a passenger with most BT units these days.

PS there are VIN decoders that will show the Factory installed option

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ditto. I'd pay money for that useless weight not to be installed on my bike. I actually tried to order one without the radio, but no success.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Find out if the navigation preparation is installed (can be retrofitted) and go for a NAV VI. It will stream content from your iPhone or from its internal storage to your headset and you are all set. Phone integration comes with it and you can stream from your helmet to a passenger with most BT units these days.

PS there are VIN decoders that will show the Factory installed option
Yep, nav. Prep. installed and working as is my shiny, new Navigator VI, I've connected it to my hardwired Autocom via the BTM-02 but with limited volume and a 30% loss of audio quality, I love my Autocom and very loathed to be forced over to BT headsets and all the issues that come with them, pairing, charging, refitting headsets etc.

Anyway - back to my original post, if I fit a used radio unit and buttons, will it work and where can I get said parts from 😊

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yep, nav. Prep. installed and working as is my shiny, new Navigator VI, I've connected it to my hardwired Autocom via the BTM-02 but with limited volume and a 30% loss of audio quality, I love my Autocom and very loathed to be forced over to BT headsets and all the issues that come with them, pairing, charging, refitting headsets etc.

Anyway - back to my original post, if I fit a used radio unit and buttons, will it work and where can I get said parts from 😊
In 2005 I purchased my first Autocom and swore by them until 2018. Then I got a Neotech II with a Sena Srl. Its brilliant.

In December I changed to a R1250RT with no radio (every BMW i owned since 2005 had a radio).

So, I put all my music on my Nav 6, put a Sena RC3 on the handlebar to deal with volume, now I can activate music with a voice command, control volume with my RC3 and play music from either my phone or Sat Nav. I have changed the quick menu button on the bike to take me straight to the Nav screen and inside the Music player screen can skip or replay tracks with the PLUS and MINUS buttons.

Now I am playing around with FM radio on the Sena, it is surprisingly good.

I have a couple of Autocom Super Avi units if you want them.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I suggest you try using the forum search function as I remember there were member posts in the past about installing a radio after purchasing the parts used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts