BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Still waiting for BMW to repatriate the bike to me. I'll have a look at the tyres/wheels again. I'm 99.9% confident the tyre itself is fine but the possibility of a weight having dislodged itself is a possible I guess. I'll also try and look at the front ESA unit again although I'm not sure I'm going to be able to see any more than I did when I looked at it last week. At least on the pre-MY17 the damper-rod and spring were exposed so it was easy to see if it had failed or was leaking. On the newer ones' I see BMW have completely shrouded the damper-rod like a car unit so I guess unless the failure is so bad that its dumped all its oil out, you're not going to notice it. And even then, I suspect it may well be able to contain all of the fluid within the shrouded area!

They can't answer as to why the coolant all disappeared. They say they've pressure-tested it and it was fine so will just have to see when it comes back.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, I got it delivered back on the weekend and spent Sunday riding it. Whatever the issues were, it rode fine and the coolant level stayed up throughout so lets keep our fingers crossed that whatever was there has gone!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts