BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just dinking around and came across this website. When I got my first K1600, in October of 2012, I took it by to show it off to my son, who was 22, at the time. He told me, "Not bad for a Geezer Sled," to which I replied, "It's a Geezer Sled that'll keep up with a Ninja." It's also a tenth of a second faster than a 2015 McLaren 650S Spider from 0-60 and is dead-even with a 2018 McLaren 720S. Geezer Sled, indeed!

https://www.zeroto60times.com/body-style/motorcycle/

Correction: the numbers, above, are for my current GT (with Bren tune?).

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice stats. I don't understand why the GTL is 8 tenths slower than the GT. Not like the speed limiter comes into play.
Agreed.

·
KBiK
1,482 Posts
Nice stats. I don't understand why the GTL is 8 tenths slower than the GT. Not like the speed limiter comes into play.
Windshield, Rider position and Top Box creates more drag >:)

PS, love my GT!

·
International Man of Mystery
3,293 Posts
More weight, different rider, atmospheric conditions maybe.

·
Boom
683 Posts
I was just dinking around and came across this website. When I got my first K1600, in October of 2012, I took it by to show it off to my son, who was 22, at the time. He told me, "Not bad for a Geezer Sled," to which I replied, "It's a Geezer Sled that'll keep up with a Ninja." It's also a tenth of a second faster than a 2015 McLaren 650S Spider from 0-60 and is dead-even with a 2018 McLaren 720S. Geezer Sled, indeed!
Geezer Sled. I like that. I think I'll steal that term, if you don't mind :wink:

·
Premium Member
6,372 Posts
Nobody stops in their tracks, gets slack jawed and stares at a K1600 thats parked next to a McLaren 720.

Nobody....
And it is about the looks from others that throws your shoulders back and puffs out your chest. I've watched a McLaren go around the course on track day and you can't take your eyes off of it. Especially when the rear wing goes up and down going through the corners.

Reactions: Darbinco
1 - 10 of 10 Posts