BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was pairing my wife's C3Pro to my K1600 (helmet 2) and I got the message "not possible" after it completed the search in the bluetooth pairing procedure. Quite odd and I'm not sure what to make of this?:confused:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
It may take several attempts. At least mine did. If all else fails clear all pairing and star from scratch following the exact procedure and order in the pairing manual.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It may take several attempts. At least mine did. If all else fails clear all pairing and star from scratch following the exact procedure and order in the pairing manual.
Like Richr8 says....start from scratch. ...expecially if this is a "ADD" helmet after innitial pairing and use with another #2 or if you only had a #1 helmet before..
Yes..a pain, but it really doesn't take long....Good luck.

Funny...while I was pairing the whole system, and got to the GPS pairing to MY #1 Helmet, it picked up my neighbors Samsung Fancy Schmancy TV Bluetooth......almost ADDED it.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, it's on now..! After multiple attempts to pair helmet 2 I continue to get the message "not possible" when trying to pair through the Audio>Bluetooth Pairing menu. I have started completely from scratch by deleting pairings from the C3Pro SRC and the BMW audio system. I get through pairing the helmet 1 ok (a couple of tries sometime to get the pairing handshake) but as soon as I put the second C3Pro SRC in pairing mode and ask the bikes audio system to pair helmet 2 I get the bloody "not possible". Any help here would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Wait a minute, are you trying to add the wife's SRC not the BMW comm system??? If so that is your problem, only the BMW comm system allows both to be paired... I have the SRC as I prefer the other functions and sound quality to the BMW comm system, but i had to give up the ability to pair the wife's helmet SRC to the bike, and I can't control volume with the wonder wheel... I think this is your problem...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ha HAAAAA!...What Boz says!!!!....Theres your problem.
Like you say to your Dr...."It hurts when I do this"
Dr: "Then don't do that"

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds like a logical reason based on the Bavarian message "not possible". It's a bit ironic to see that emit from a beautiful BMW machine...I thought that was HD language.

So if I can't her SRC to the bike, what capabilities can her SRC enjoy? Assuming intercom between us will work? Any way she can hear music from my iPhone along with me
?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
That sounds like a logical reason based on the Bavarian message "not possible". It's a bit ironic to see that emit from a beautiful BMW machine...I thought that was HD language.

So if I can't her SRC to the bike, what capabilities can her SRC enjoy? Assuming intercom between us will work? Any way she can hear music from my iPhone along with me
?
She could pair hers to an iPhone or other music/pod cast player.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On a related note, I'm a bit confused still with how the pair of the iPhone, SRC and NAV relate. Riding today I had my music streaming from my iPhone to my SRC but I kept noticing that the phone icon on my Nav V kept showing that my phone wasn't paired. When I went to the bluetooth page of the Nav V it showed my phone "connected".

This is a new area for me. I'm thinking that if I have the phone paired directly to the SRC it can't also pair to the Nav?:confused:

She could pair hers to an iPhone or other music/pod cast player.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to dig up this ancient thread, but figured that instead of starting a new one, I'd reply to this one.

Anyway, Got the Sena SMH10 (pair - one for me and one for the wife). My helmet paired beautifully, but tried pairing the second helmet (for music only, since the two systems can already intercom), but got the "NOT POSSIBLE" message.

So, is it truly not possible to pair a second Sena SMH10 helmet system for music only?

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Only the BMW Comm system will pair 2 helmets to the bike.

Other systems require that you pair them together and use music sharing.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Well, one more resurrection for this thread, since my GT is a 2019 and I just tried it with the same results, so nothing’s changed, if anyone’s wondering. I like to ride sometimes with my C4 w/SC1, and sometimes with my Arai plus SENA 20S EVO.

NOT buying the BMW comms system, so when I swap from the Arai to the Schuberth, I guess I’ll just swap from XM to having only my iPhone for music. Ah, variety.

Not a tragedy, mind you, but I am beyond thankful (again) for this forum saving me from 2 hrs of mild annoyance giving birth to frustration, and then shouted naughty words. I really need to learn to curse in German.?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
NOT buying the BMW comms system, so when I swap from the Arai to the Schuberth, I guess I’ll just swap from XM to having only my iPhone for music. Ah, variety.
I pay an additional $5.00 a month for the SiriusXM streaming service to stream my favorite channels through my phone and home stereo.

Rob, 2013 K16GT
Navarre, FL
IBA# 606

·
Premium Member
6,395 Posts
@dobervol , your Sena 20S will stream XM from the bike to your helmet; you just don't have the wonder wheel functionality...

Duane

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Thanks, guys. We already pay for the full deal from SXM under my wife's name for her R1250RT, a truck and two cars, plus unlimited streaming over home and office devices, so we just need to combine my standalone account for my K16 with her longstanding account for everything else, which she's been trying to get me to do since I bought it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The K16000 GT/GTL manual says it all.

The bike will only allow 1 non-BMW bluetooth headset to the paired to the comms. The second MUST be a BMW bluetooth headset. Some have found a way round it by install a SENA SM10 to allow for more flexibility while enjoying the volume control capabilities on the bike. A search will show the thread ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts