BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I am away touring in the Australian Alpine area of Kozciousko. The roads are fast and I am so impressed with how the K1600 can handle the journey. I am now convinced that this machine is at its best over 5K gear changes. I just wanted to post this picture of a motorcycle that is so solid for sports touring. We are blessed to ride such a motorcycle. Safe journey friends. 😊✌

·
Upside Down
1,629 Posts
Brad, I knew you would love that bike and wow nice to see it shine, it looks great to be safe on that rode as it is so tempting to push the bikes along lol. It looks like everyone on the forum here is heading over or around the Snowy Mountains this week, Donna just posted some great photos too.

·
Preema
1,048 Posts
Weather was too good not too. A quick 550km made for a fantastic day :)

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Preema
1,048 Posts
Tumut or Gundagai are both great places to overnight. I’ve stayed in both

Have you ridden the Wee Jasper, Mountain Creek, Uriarra roads? 60 k’s of scary but fun roads. One lane-ish sealed, bumps severe enough to get air bourne, crazy drivers, stock, roos, twists and turns, mostly blind corners... I love it

·
Preema
1,048 Posts
The only boring bits are the Monaro Canberra to Cooma and the Hume Gundagai to Yass. Every other road has something special

·
Registered
162 Posts
I did most of the loop you have just done, in both directions, this week. Where you flicked toward Canb from Gundagai I went to Junee (lovely little town to camp) and then on to Nyngun, Lake Cargelligo, Temora and back via Tumut again, 5 days away, nice.

·
Preema
1,048 Posts
The ride out to Temora is a great run. Easy roads, nice to just zone out and enjoy the ride. There’s a great ‘junk shop’ in Temora that’s full of just about everything

·
Registered
162 Posts
Didn't notice the junk shop but had a great chat at the pub with a local ol fella that owned one of the other pubs in town years ago, great bloke with some great stories, a lot of his stories involved the local coppers, go figure eh!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I need basic instructions, (prob cause I'm ancient and silly) how do you reply to a certain message so their message ends up in the blue box above the message you want to write?
Thanx, Baz..

·
Preema
1,048 Posts
I need basic instructions, (prob cause I'm ancient and silly) how do you reply to a certain message so their message ends up in the blue box above the message you want to write?
Thanx, Baz..
Hit the ''speak bubble' and Reply' under the message you want included in your reply. Hovering over it , you'll get the message 'Reply, quoting this message'.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts