BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have seen many oil discussions and coolant additives but none for base coolant. Thoughts on reloading the system with BMW or Amsoil / Redline or that other stuff on the bottom shelf?

Thanks in advance,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I recently change the coolant in my wife's BMW. I found the BMW coolant is cheaper (per gallon) than the ready to use stuff in the auto parts store. You will have to dilute the BMW stuff 50/50 with distilled water so you'll end up with 2 gallons. Since I have two BMWs I wasn't worried about having some extra on hand. I skipped all of the "open this bleed screw.. etc etc" and used a vacuum filler which worked beautifully.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I use Pentosin Pentofrost NF. Thats what BMW uses.

Joe

Reactions: richlew

·
Registered
194 Posts
I recently change the coolant in my wife's BMW. I found the BMW coolant is cheaper (per gallon) than the ready to use stuff in the auto parts store. You will have to dilute the BMW stuff 50/50 with distilled water so you'll end up with 2 gallons. Since I have two BMWs I wasn't worried about having some extra on hand. I skipped all of the "open this bleed screw.. etc etc" and used a vacuum filler which worked beautifully.
Nice, which vacuum filler do you use on the K1600? I'd like to pick one up as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have seen many oil discussions and coolant additives but none for base coolant. Thoughts on reloading the system with BMW or Amsoil / Redline or that other stuff on the bottom shelf?

Thanks in advance,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just did the water pump in my GT. I used the recommended anti-freeze from BMW but I did add Red Line water wetter. Just something I’ve done in all my bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts