BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for those more aggressive riders. You ever have one of those days where your skills are on point, the bike is outstanding, and the roads are curvy without traffic? This picture was taken on the way back from that type of day. The days you wish the ride would never end!

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks' all, it's hard to describe but when the chicken strips are gone, the bike was glued to the ground, the weather was perfect, no cars AND you had your adrenaline pumping then and only then you stop take a nice picture look at the bike - smile, shake your head then go home and have some whiskey and wish you were still riding! Man I love this bike!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks' all, it's hard to describe but when the chicken strips are gone, the bike was glued to the ground, the weather was perfect, no cars AND you had your adrenaline pumping then and only then you stop take a nice picture look at the bike - smile, shake your head then go home and have some whiskey and wish you were still riding! Man I love this bike!!
I imagine several of us have had this experience. My advice to you and any other aggressive riders on the KB...don't get overconfident on this bike and just realize there is a limit to what you can do. That limit is the rigid engine guard under the floorboard. If you get that far over, the front tire will lift and you will no longer be turning. This mistake can lead to a catastrophic failure, especially in a right corner where you will slide into oncoming traffic. The KB can be ridden aggressively but I want everyone to be aware of this limit.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I imagine several of us have had this experience. My advice to you and any other aggressive riders on the KB...don't get overconfident on this bike and just realize there is a limit to what you can do. That limit is the rigid engine guard under the floorboard. If you get that far over, the front tire will lift and you will no longer be turning. This mistake can lead to a catastrophic failure, especially in a right corner where you will slide into oncoming traffic. The KB can be ridden aggressively but I want everyone to be aware of this limit.

I doubt most have had the experiences I've had on the B. Some maybe but most probably never. I'm sure most people buying the B/GA come from a different background. I got mine because I loved the looks, but it ALSO had to out perform the sport touring bike I was getting off of. You are absolutely correct on lifting the front in a corner, that would be a bad day for sure. Changing technique and learning helps a bunch.:grin:

·
Registered
800 Posts
I doubt most have had the experiences I've had on the B. Some maybe but most probably never. I'm sure most people buying the B/GA come from a different background. I got mine because I loved the looks, but it ALSO had to out perform the sport touring bike I was getting off of. You are absolutely correct on lifting the front in a corner, that would be a bad day for sure. Changing technique and learning helps a bunch.:grin:
Goes from an ST1300 to the B and rides it like a maniac... I heard that story somewhere before :grin:

And you can scrape the front engine guard without losing the front - just don’t ask me how I know (or if I want to do it again)

·
Registered
277 Posts
And you can scrape the front engine guard without losing the front - just don’t ask me how I know (or if I want to do it again)
Well, that really depends on how hard you lean on the engine guard, doesn't it. If you just "kiss" it, no big worries but if you ground down hard on it, the front tire will lose contact. Don't try it, just trust me on it. The entire reason for my post with this warning was not to trigger riding tips but simply to warn there is a cornering angle limit to this bike. If exceeded, the result can be catastrophic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts