BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I have the RKA Shiloh and like it. Carry my garage door opener, a bottle of water or two, handgun, wallet, and cell phone. Am kicking around putting a Spot GPS in the map compartment. Bought a power port to USB adapter to power two devices via usb. Easy to get to stuff without getting off the bike.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I bought the RKA Shiloh and loved everything about it and wanted it to work. Had to send it back the other day because it didn't seem good with my risers on my 16 GTL. I didn't fully set it up but placing it in position just seemed to contact the kill switch way to easy. I'm sure someone has already mentioned this on the forum but I thought I would give it a chance while purchasing other items.

If anyone has found a bag to go with the GTL as well as handlebar risers I would be interested in knowing which one. Would have to be pretty narrow.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
I bought the RKA Shiloh and loved everything about it and wanted it to work. Had to send it back the other day because it didn't seem good with my risers on my 16 GTL. I didn't fully set it up but placing it in position just seemed to contact the kill switch way to easy. I'm sure someone has already mentioned this on the forum but I thought I would give it a chance while purchasing other items.

If anyone has found a bag to go with the GTL as well as handlebar risers I would be interested in knowing which one. Would have to be pretty narrow.
I have have the Wolfman Enduro. I have risers. I don't have any trouble with the kill switch. I do occasionally hit the horn if I position it too far forward and turn fully to the left.

·
Registered
41 Posts
what model is your Motoech tank bag?

Mototech, Doesn't touch the paint, easy to remove for fueling or to carry into a restaurant so you always have your need to carry stuff.
Can you tell me the model and the number for the parts that attach it to the K1600?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Can you tell me the model and the number for the parts that attach it to the K1600?

My Bag is the SW-Motech EVO daypack (BC.TRS.00.108.2002), mount is a type 306 (TRT0064030601B)

I'm pretty sure they're correct but please double check part numbers with your supplier, those are from my receipt.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-non-electric-quick-lock-evo-daypack-tank-bag

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-quick-lock-tankring-adapter-kit-for-bmw-models-with-keyless-ride?gloc=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0brtBRDOARIsANMDykaQOR3Cr_b2m7c1pyXdVhQgtd6Dkq6wFwPcWauC3W-3zKYLoiBQ7YUaAivnEALw_wcB

·
Registered
151 Posts
SW-MOTECH

It is every bit worth the high price!

The material is much better than cheaper ones and it is long-lasting. I (Elli) have my bag since 4 years now. And it is good and waterproof like the first time ;-)

We also have this brands in our range:
#abm #acschnitzer #acerbis #akrapovic #arrow #austinracing #bodis #bodystyle #boosterplug #cultwerk #customaccess #ebcbrakes #evotech #ermax #evotechperformance #evotech #falcon #fehling #gbracing #gianelli #givi #gpr #gsgmoto #healtech #hepcobecker #horning #hurric #ilmberger #isotta #ixil #jmvconcept #leovince #marving #meca'system #mivv #mizu #mra #oehlins #powerbronze #protech #puig #pyramid #rst #scalvini #scorpion #scproject #secdem #shark #siebenrock #skidmarx #swmotech #termignoni #zard #agv #airoh #caberg #schuberth #momodesign #nolan #premier #scorpionhelemets #alpinestars #axo #belstaff #dainese #fieldsheer #five #gerbing #knox #mottowear #revit #sidi #sixs #stylmartin #bmw

·
Vendor
620 Posts
Thanks for all the positive remarks on the RKA tankbag.
Kathy and I manufacture, 3, 10, 13 liter bags that work fine on the GTL.
If you get the bag .... TAKE THE TIME to completely attach it ...your pants fit better when you tighten your belt right? :)
If you have after market handlebars you can move the bag back.
After manufacturing these tankbags for the GTL since 2011 we STILL hear from riders that say it's impossible ;-)
Here is our "
" video.
NOTE : Rider is a CHIP and owner was not told what we were plaining on doing ;-)
NOTE : We do a LOT for the GTL, Bagger, and GA
Check out our photo gallerys "BMW" Section

Ask here or PM me if you have any questions

Richard

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
the Motech looks interesting but what are you putting in this Murse, or is it Turse (tank purse)? That's a serious question BTW. I have never found a need for a tank bag so just wondering what everyone is putting in them. ( I get the convenient way to hold a map use case ).
Maps, tollbooth change, water bottles, snacks, camera, phone, microfiber cloth, pens, notepad, sunglasses, buck knife...

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
Love my RKA. After several 10s of 1000s of miles on the K11LT (do not recall exactly when we got it so no idea how many miles it was on the K11) and 105,000 miles on the K16, the main zipper started getting a little sticky and would not always zip together completely. Decided it ws time for a new one. Of course we replaced it with another RKA.

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
Had to send it back the other day because it didn't seem good with my risers on my 16 GTL. I didn't fully set it up but placing it in position just seemed to contact the kill switch way to easy.
You did not have the bag back far enough. I have the Shiloh 13 liter bag as well as JRyan's bar-backs and have no interference issues...

:confused:

·
Vendor
620 Posts
What goes in it.

Maps, tollbooth change, water bottles, snacks, camera, phone, microfiber cloth, pens, notepad, sunglasses, buck knife...
You can go to my RT Page and cruz over all the images there (Images below also fit the GTL)
There are a TON of items you can put in the tankbag, on the tankbag, and powered by the tankbag
I have our "Dashboard installed for my iPhone,

Of course maps,
In the top compartment I have my Clip board, Pens, Note pad, Bus cards, more maps, raincover

The tankbag is "Powered" and I charge my cameras, phone, power my electric liner, and sometimes CB radio, Radar, and SENA SR10

Questions? PM me.
Richard

·
Registered
151 Posts
SW-Motech Brand from Germany

I found the best here:

https://sw-motech.com/Produkte/Gepaeck/Tankrucksack/EVO+Tankrucksack/

Yes, they are not the cheapest one. But they are really long lasting. I bought mine about 3-4 years ago, and I can't even see any damage. Just few scratches on the outside, - but they don't go through the material.
Also they have that thing that is called a "century - look" - because the colour is never out ;-)
Also it is easy to clean ;-)

Find your Tankbag her:
https://www.euronetbike.net/sw-motech-parts/new-2016/bmw/
#helmet #schuberth #scorpion-helmet #airoh #agv #premier #caberg #momodesignhelmet #nolanhelmets
#abm #acschnitzer #acerbis #akrapovic #arrow #austinracing #bodis #bodystyle #boosterplug #cultwerk #customaccess #ebcbrakes #evotech #ermax #evotechperformance #evotech #falcon #fehling #gbracing #gianelli #givi #gpr #gsgmoto #healtech #hepcobecker #horning #hurric #ilmberger #isotta #ixil #jmvconcept #leovince #marving #meca'system #mivv #mizu #mra #oehlins #powerbronze #protech #puig #pyramid #rst #scalvini #scorpion #scproject #secdem #shark #siebenrock #skidmarx #swmotech #termignoni #zard #agv #airoh #caberg #schuberth #momodesign #nolan #premier #scorpionhelemets #alpinestars #axo #belstaff #dainese #fieldsheer #five #gerbing #knox #mottowear #revit #sidi #sixs #stylmartin

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
I found the best here:

Yes, they are not the cheapest one. But they are really long lasting. I bought mine about 3-4 years ago, and I can't even see any damage. Just few scratches on the outside, - but they don't go through the material.
Also they have that thing that is called a "century - look" - because the colour is never out ;-)

Find your Tankbag her:
https://www.euronetbike.net/sw-motech-parts/new-2016/bmw/
#helmet #schuberth #scorpion-helmet #airoh #agv #premier #caberg #momodesignhelmet #nolanhelmets
#abm #acschnitzer #acerbis #akrapovic #arrow #austinracing #bodis #bodystyle #boosterplug #cultwerk #customaccess #ebcbrakes #evotech #ermax #evotechperformance #evotech #falcon #fehling #gbracing #gianelli #givi #gpr #gsgmoto #healtech #hepcobecker #horning #hurric #ilmberger #isotta #ixil #jmvconcept #leovince #marving #meca'system #mivv #mizu #mra #oehlins #powerbronze #protech #puig #pyramid #rst #scalvini #scorpion #scproject #secdem #shark #siebenrock #skidmarx #swmotech #termignoni #zard #agv #airoh #caberg #schuberth #momodesign #nolan #premier #scorpionhelemets #alpinestars #axo #belstaff #dainese #fieldsheer #five #gerbing #knox #mottowear #revit #sidi #sixs #stylmartin

@Administrator

Sorry euroe-com is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.
What kind of horsecock bulllshit is this?

I paid money to block ads and now I have to keep seing this shiit because someone made this SPAMMER an Admin?

:confused:

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
HIGHLY recommend the RKA tank bags—very well-designed products, and the customer service is stellar as well!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I found the best here:

If you want to impress us, it might be best to show us sites that acknowledge the existence of K1600 bikes. You know, like the forum you're posting on....

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Mototech, Doesn't touch the paint, easy to remove for fueling or to carry into a restaurant so you always have your need to carry stuff.
Hi HOGSLYR,

Any chance you could post a few close up pics of the tank bag with the bars on full lock? I've got the same bike as you and wondering how close the bag comes to the switches etc.

Cheers ?

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
I have the SW Motech Micro on a GT and there is no problem with switches. The bag sides give a bit when at full lock.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Hi HOGSLYR,

Any chance you could post a few close up pics of the tank bag with the bars on full lock? I've got the same bike as you and wondering how close the bag comes to the switches etc.

Cheers ?

The bars will touch the bag at the stops but not much and definitely not an issue. PM me your email and I'll send you a Video of the bar hitting the bag.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
For what it's worth (definitely not trying to start trouble), the guys at Twisted Throttle refuse to sell the mounting plate for the Motech bag to K-bike owners for this very issue. They told me they'd had reports of power switches being unintentionally being shut off, and they considered it a safety concern.

Have to add my support for the RKA bags—no issues whatsoever at full lock.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
For what it's worth (definitely not trying to start trouble), the guys at Twisted Throttle refuse to sell the mounting plate for the Motech bag to K-bike owners for this very issue. They told me they'd had reports of power switches being unintentionally being shut off, and they considered it a safety concern.

Have to add my support for the RKA bags—no issues whatsoever at full lock.
I confess I've been tempted by the RKA products... The SW Motech mounting system just seems much cleaner though.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts