BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Ordered the sergeant seat and boy do i have some grips! but first the pros.

Pros.
Heats WAY!!! better then stock holy ass burning.
About 30% more comfortable there foam is definitionally an upgrade then stock. The seat is taller that's for sure on my stock i can keep my feet planted. with this seat since its wider my feet lift up a bit only because its a wider seat. No issues so far with the lip but im 5 7 170LB if that helps.

Cons.
does not sit flush with locking mech. The grey tab that sticks out of your pannier (provide pic later)
The back rest mounting bracket screw holes that attach the main seat underneath was not welded correctly hence losted a nut (see pic).

The bucket plastic they use is im guessing is sort of weak you see cracks i am only guessing this happened when i tried to lock the seat flushed so the tab puller was flushed and lock with the pannier.

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
*update*

Made contact with Sargent. They gave me a Return postage to send the seat back. So I gotta wait another week or so to receive a new one =/.

But there Customer Service is commendable. They told me that those nuts are fragile in a sense so seems to me its very common issue they are having.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Well they fix the part. I didnt have to pay for shipping. It came back all fixed and ready to go.

Here she finally is installed on my 2019 Grand America!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Looks sharp!

Sure wish I had the padding and speakers on my top case that your GA has. Definitely lacking on the GTLs.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Looks sharp!

Sure wish I had the padding and speakers on my top case that your GA has. Definitely lacking on the GTLs.

Thanks the padding feels of hard plastic or a very thin sheet of foam. compare to the sargents seats.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Wizard, wish I had those speakers in the back too. I was never offered that and I think the 18 did not come with those. I did upgrade the speakers to Alpine, but having a music envelop it's better. Too late. Till a newer model one day.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
its so easy to upgrade your bike to mine.

Just purchase the speaker cover and grills and the housing box should fit perfectly. Now here is the kicker

All they did was remove the 2 tweeters in the front and put them in the rear lol.

Yeah! BMW.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
You’ll love it. But it does take some break in regardless of what they say. Mine has 2300 miles on it and it’s definitely better than when it was new.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is there a backrest option for the GTL as well? The stock one one the Top Case is pretty worthless.

*EDIT - If the backrest is the one for the driver, then please disregard my question. I'm looking for an improvement for my wife that can be used on the Top Case.

The Sargant seat offers backrest options for both rider and passenger. Their seats are actually two seats, like the GT. I talked to them at length in Lebanon and there are (of course) lots of options. All it takes is money . . .:smile:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts