BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pictures from my Arizona trip. Guess the location of the old gas station drive covered with shoes???????

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Scott,
The volcano looks like Sunset Crater Volcano outside of Flagstaff, the shoes I'm guessing are on Rte 66? or Rice, Ca?
If you'd have blown thru Prescott, I could have bought you a "soda". Glad you enjoyed the area.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott,
The volcano looks like Sunset Crater Volcano outside of Flagstaff, the shoes I'm guessing are on Rte 66? or Rice, Ca?
If you'd have blown thru Prescott, I could have bought you a "soda". Glad you enjoyed the area.
We did stay one night in Prescott. Great town. If my memory is correct the shoes gas station was on Route 62 or 63. The volcano is outside of Flagstaff in a beautiful national park. Lotta history. The guy that takes your money at the park entrance was very cool, allowed me to ride the park at no charge, normal fee is $20.

The riding gods were with me, crossing a large part of AZ with cool to mild temps. Loved it.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
We did stay one night in Prescott. Great town. If my memory is correct the shoes gas station was on Route 62 or 63.

The riding gods were with me, crossing a large part of AZ with cool to mild temps. Loved it.

Glad you got to get into Prescott. It's the original state capital, which gave it up to Tucson, who gave it up to Phoenix with the promise that Tucson would get the state university. (Phoenix immediately formed Arizona State University >:) )
Lots of history there.
Yur right on the shoes, on rte 62 west of Parker AZ on the Ca side. Can be hot as **** thru there, you were lucky.
If you scoot back thru, give us a shout. Arizona Jim & I can run you over to the Devil's Hwy. :surprise:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you got to get into Prescott. It's the original state capital, which gave it up to Tucson, who gave it up to Phoenix with the promise that Tucson would get the state university. (Phoenix immediately formed Arizona State University >:) )
Lots of history there.
Yur right on the shoes, on rte 62 west of Parker AZ on the Ca side. Can be hot as **** thru there, you were lucky.
If you scoot back thru, give us a shout. Arizona Jim & I can run you over to the Devil's Hwy. :surprise:
Appreciate the offer, will do.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never understood throwing your shoes up onto a object? Guess it's mokey see monkey do?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts