BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that many threads have been put up on this but I am looking to do the following for my bike and would like a simple pairing sequence for it: (2015 1600GTL)

Pair my SM10 to (2) Sena 20s
Use my Nav 5 for navigation
Have my phone connected for phone calls

I want to have music from XM Satellite, Be able to take phone calls, and hear navigation. Also intercom with wife...also wondering if she can use the media on the Sena to pair her phone to her helmet.

I have attached a Motochello Audio Bridge to my bike and it works great for both Sena 20's but I cant seem to find the sequence to connect all of this at one time. Just wondering if anyone has a simple pairing sequence

Thanks for any help you can give

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I'm running the same setup. I don't think the sequence is important but the type of pairing is. I do not pair the NAV to the 20S. I do this because the NAV turn by turn prompts override the intercom (regardless of how you set the 20S audio multitasking). The Nav can be very chatty and always cuts my wife off as she is trying to tell me I am about to miss a turn or whatever random thought is rolling around in her head. If the Nav is not paired to the 20S then the audio routes through the speakers (montochello bridge->SM10->20S). In this setup you have to connect the phone to the 20S (if you want to use it for calls). The thing you lose is real time traffic info because the phone is not connected to the nav. Do not place your SM10 under the seat. With a passenger blocking the bluetooth signal it just is not stable. I strap mine to the passenger grab bars on my GTL where I also have my Uniden radar detector.

SM10 -> Helmet 1 A2DP (media selective pairing)
Phone -> Helmet 1 Mobile phone pairing
Helmet 1 -> Helmet 2 Intercom

SM10 (second channel) -> Helmet 2
Wife's phone -> Helmet 2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts