BMW K1600 Forum banner

Parting out 2012 K1600 GT Vermillion Red Immaculate Condition

13K views 86 replies 41 participants last post by  Gixxerific 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: ONLY BRAKE CALIPERS LEFT

Hi All,

Parting out this bike as it was purchased as a donor vehicle for a custom sports car project (the engine will live a 4-wheeled life from now on). Bike has 32k miles on it and is in incredible shape - not a single scratch or ding anywhere and it's extremely clean. I will be retaining the engine, fuel, ignition, and lubrication items as well as the wiring harness and dash, but everything else is up for grabs. If you want it, let me know!

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Plant

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Plant Fuel tank

Cloud Tire Wheel Plant Sky

Speedometer Vehicle Automotive lighting Plant Product

AVAILABLE (updated continuously):
  • Headlight unit
  • Seats (driver & passenger - both heated)
  • Top Box
  • Brake calipers (2 front, 1 rear)
  • Rear brake rotor & abs ring
  • Windshield
  • Windshield brakes & motor assembly
  • Foot pegs
  • Aftermarket cruiser foot pegs
  • Right-hand mirror
  • Alpine radio unit
  • Radiator shrouds (left and right - dark grey)
  • Air guides & plastic trim panels

See less See more
#5 ·
Will do as soon as I get fully approved by the mods (this is my 3rd post now). What is your zip for a shipping estimate?

I'd be interested in the clutch switch. It's a dual micro switch held by a single screw from the bottom of the clutch lever.
I might need to hang on to that to keep the ecu happy in the new project, but I'll get back to you on that soon!

Where are you located? Price for everything?

Duane
Located in Los Angeles. If you are interested in coming to pick up, let me know!

#4 ·
Where are you located? Price for everything?

Duane

#6 ·
Too bad, she's a beaut.

#15 ·
Lens cover not replaceable, sealed during manufacturing. You need the whole assembly.

Duane

#17 ·
Hi All,

Parting out this bike as it was purchased as a donor vehicle for a custom sports car project (the engine will live a 4-wheeled life from now on). Bike has 32k miles on it and is in incredible shape - not a single scratch or ding anywhere and it's extremely clean. I will be retaining the engine, fuel, ignition, and lubrication items as well as the wiring harness and dash, but everything else is up for grabs. If you want it, let me know!

View attachment 159252
View attachment 159251
View attachment 159253
View attachment 159254
Hi All,

View attachment 159252
View attachment 159251
View attachment 159253
View attachment 159254

SPOKEN FOR (updated continuously):
  • handlebars
  • wind deflectors
  • windshield drive assembly
  • front wheel rim
  • left mirror
  • handlebars
  • wind deflectors
  • front wheel rim
  • left mirror
Disassembly is going well! I've replied to everyone who asked for parts on this thread or via personal message. I don't think I found a single blemish on any of the bodywork I pulled off, so if anyone is looking for a Vermillion Red transformation I have you covered!

View attachment 159309
View attachment 159308
View attachment 159307

#20 ·
Hi All,

Parting out this bike as it was purchased as a donor vehicle for a custom sports car project (the engine will live a 4-wheeled life from now on). Bike has 32k miles on it and is in incredible shape - not a si
Hello, SBeckman- I dm’d this last week. Please advise.
ngle scratch or ding anywhere and it's extremely clean. I will be retaining the engine, fuel, ignition, and lubrication items as well as the wiring harness and dash, but everything else is up for grabs. If you want it, let me know!

View attachment 159252
View attachment 159251
View attachment 159253
View attachment 159254

• handlebars
  • wind deflectors
  • front wheel rim
  • left mirror

#29 ·
The next batch of shipments is going out this weekend! I've just updated the list of parts that have been sold, so if you need something and it isn't mentioned in the first post then it's still for sale!

For those interested in my project, the engine is now off at our engineering partner's facility getting 3D scanned. We should have CAD data by the end of next week!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Motor vehicle

#32 · (Edited)
If not too much of a hassle to ship overseas for yourself, I might be interested in the speakers, radio unit and the cabling for this as it should be separate to the main loom if you're offering this for a fair price. Interested in retrofitting this to a K1600 currently without.

Edit: Started a private conversation also. Just ignore if too much of a hassle to consider shipping overseas.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.