BMW K1600 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts
Hi All,

Parting out this bike as it was purchased as a donor vehicle for a custom sports car project (the engine will live a 4-wheeled life from now on). Bike has 32k miles on it and is in incredible shape - not a single scratch or ding anywhere and it's extremely clean. I will be retaining the engine, fuel, ignition, and lubrication items as well as the wiring harness and dash, but everything else is up for grabs. If you want it, let me know!

View attachment 159252
View attachment 159251
View attachment 159253
View attachment 159254

AVAILABLE (updated continuously):
  • Headlight unit
  • Seats (driver & passenger - both heated)
  • Top Box
  • Brake calipers (2 front, 1 rear)
  • Rear brake rotor & abs ring
  • Windshield
  • Windshield brakes & motor assembly
  • Foot pegs
  • Aftermarket cruiser foot pegs
  • Right-hand mirror
  • Alpine radio unit
  • Radiator shrouds (left and right - dark grey)
  • Air guides & plastic trim panels
Hi All,

Parting out this bike as it was purchased as a donor vehicle for a custom sports car project (the engine will live a 4-wheeled life from now on). Bike has 32k miles on it and is in incredible shape - not a single scratch or ding anywhere and it's extremely clean. I will be retaining the engine, fuel, ignition, and lubrication items as well as the wiring harness and dash, but everything else is up for grabs. If you want it, let me know!

View attachment 159252
View attachment 159251
View attachment 159253
View attachment 159254

AVAILABLE (updated continuously):
  • Headlight unit
  • Seats (driver & passenger - both heated)
  • Top Box
  • Brake calipers (2 front, 1 rear)
  • Rear brake rotor & abs ring
  • Windshield
  • Windshield brakes & motor assembly
  • Foot pegs
  • Aftermarket cruiser foot pegs
  • Right-hand mirror
  • Alpine radio unit
  • Radiator shrouds (left and right - dark grey)
  • Air guides & plastic trim panels
Are the seats still available?

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Seats are now gone! Enjoy them Jimmy! Headlight and top box are sold as well.

The ONLY items left are:
  • Brake calipers (2 front, 1 rear): $100 each or $200 shipped for all 3
  • Rear brake rotor & abs ring: $75 shipped
  • OEM Foot pegs: $100 shipped
  • Aftermarket cruiser foot pegs: $100 shipped
  • Right-hand mirror: $100 shipped
  • Air guides & plastic trim panels: $150 shipped

Hi! I’m interested in these highway pegs. But need more posts to be able to PM. I’ll take them, though. I noticed in your pics you removed the engine bars.. do these still fit with the stock bars?

Discussion starter · #75 ·
A quick update for everyone! I still have the brake calipers off the donor bike and if anyone would like them just let me know. I will probably toss them in the next two weeks if nobody needs them.

Here are some updates on the car we are building! Shoreline Bespoke is receiving the final parts needed to begin constructing the prototype chassis for our sports car. My co-founder and I are excited to finally bring our vision to reality, and confident in our ability to deliver the ultimate analogue experience on four wheels. The K1600 donor engine will be getting a pretty significant upgrade too... It will be a glorious moment when it finally fires up. I'm sharing some as-of-now unpublicized renderings below - please check us out at www.shorelinebespoke.com for more details and subscribe to our newsletter to receive regular updates as we get closer to building the first car!

Not sharing the full body design just yet but you can see a few teaser shots on our website ;)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

And let me know if you want the K1600 brake calipers!!

Spence

@sbeckman7 , I'd appreciate the brake calipers! PM coming with address.

Duane

@BMWGuy , of course, as long as I don't have a need they'll be available to forum members; accept those with Baggers : ) ,...just kidding.

Duane

Reactions: BMWGuy
@BMWGuy , of course, as long as I don't have a need they'll be available to forum members; accept those with Baggers : ) ,...just kidding.

Duane
At one point I thought about purchasing used calipers and rebuilding them after custom powder coating a new color. Thought an exchange program would work...The only issue was the BMW seals are proprietary to their calipers and consequently super expensive, if I remember correctly $100 per ?? add stripping, coating, labor, shipping both ways, etc. NEVER MIND. Too much on my plate now anyway.
Dan

@DUSAK , I've had 2 sets of K1600 calipers powder coated. Both sets were fairly new; less than 20k miles. I KNOW you're not suppose to reuse seals, but, I did; and on both sets. No issues, calipers worked fine. FWIW, if anyone has their calipers powder coated it is absolutely crucial that you thoroughly clean the calipers before reassembly paying particular attention to the ports/passages.

Duane

61 - 80 of 87 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.