BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since 2013 we have been building and selling the DUSAK passenger backrest to Forum members and it’s visitors.

Over the years we have made improvements, specifically to the connection between the base plate and backrest plate. Based on customer feedback, this year's 4th generation model change was to add a new larger base plate and include cargo attachment slots along the edges. These changes offer additional support & the ability to securely attach cargo including the popular tail bags, creating a more functional luggage rack.

Other features include:

1. Wide contoured backrest with spring articulation that moves with the passenger.
2. 1/4” aluminum luggage rack with rubber strips to hold luggage secure and to protect the powder coat finish.
3. Custom size HDPE blocks that fit like puzzle pieces to prevent distorting and cracking of the OEM racks and to strongly secure the assembly, preventing side to side and back and forth movement.
4. The backrest plate itself as well as the triangular gussets go through it's mating part, creating a strong mechanical connection that is welded to the underside for a cleaner look and stronger attachment.
5. Easy 1 minute installation.

Fits all GT, GTL and GTLE models. Available in satin black. Price is $399 plus shipping. International shipping available.

You can contact me at [email protected], call 607-857-0556 or PM me on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered a GEN 4 backrest on Tuesday and received it on Friday. Dan was extremely helpful and the backrest is by far, the best you can buy. The fit and quality of workmanship are superior to anything else I've seen. I would highly recommend this backrest ! Thanks Dan

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently purchased the Gen 4 passenger backrest from Dan for my new K16GT. Shipping was very fast, and the product is beautifully designed and manufactured... 1st class fit and finish. Installation was simple and only took a few minutes with basic hand tools. My SO was very excited that I installed it, and she's extremely happy with the comfort and security it provides. I am very pleased now that I can accelerate hard without fear of leaving her sitting on the pavement... it's a real win-win product for those who ride two-up!!

Charlie

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dan, great product with solid reviews. Nice work.
Would love to see what you could do regarding a backrest ..... and a Drivers (!) backrest unit for the K1600 B stock seat, for us older folk.
Now that might get your wheels turning ......
Keep up the good work.

·
Mr.Fix It
8,102 Posts
@Rider59 , There's a thread or 2 a few years back discussing Dan @DUSAK making a Bagger backrest. For several reasons, it wasn't feasible.

Duane

·
Registered
293 Posts
@Rider59 , There's a thread or 2 a few years back discussing Dan @DUSAK making a Bagger backrest. For several reasons, it wasn't feasible.

Duane
Sorry I missed that in my back-reading, but doesn't surprise me Duane. Of all the past bikes I've owned this 1600B seems to present bigger challenges in good driver's backrest design. There are options out there ..... I'm still undecided which way to ultimately go.
Safe riding !

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Reactions: Rider59

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just received and installed my Gen 4 backrest and I am very impressed with the product. Excellent fit and finish, fits exactly right with no fuss, and installs easily in minutes. In my opinion, it does a lot for the looks of the bike and enhances it's usability. Exceptional packaging with mostly recyclable materials ensured trouble free delivery. This was my first mod to this bike and I'm looking forward to years of trouble free use from the Gen 4 backrest. Awesome work, Dan, thanks for keeping it going.

Kevin G.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Brilliant! I've got a 2012 GTL, so a backrest hasn't been an issue for my GF. But I'm picking up a 2015 GT to add to my stable today and was looking for options. Yours was mentioned on the K1600 enthusiasts Facebook group and Google led me to this thread! Will be ordering next week!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
409 Posts
Superior back support and rack and looks great also very strong slapped a couple of Kermit chairs in seconds. Works well for us no need for picnic table for lunch. Happy camper :cool:
4EFBAF5E-C46A-4772-9EEC-9987BEE95784.jpeg
3637ECF8-72D3-4F6F-980D-AFC02F629BAF.jpeg

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Very cool @DUSAK . Not for my bike or I would buy one.
Have you thought about a brake light add-on under the BMW roundel?

Hi DJ, I have had this Skeen brake/tail on the backrest pad since 2013.
Problem is most of the time it is covered by my tail bag. At one point I made a Delrin mount for the light and attached it on top of the bag.
Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since 2013 we have been building and selling the DUSAK passenger backrest to Forum members and it’s visitors.

Over the years we have made improvements, specifically to the connection between the base plate and backrest plate. Based on customer feedback, this year's 4th generation model change was to add a new larger base plate and include cargo attachment slots along the edges. These changes offer additional support & the ability to securely attach cargo including the popular tail bags, creating a more functional luggage rack.

Other features include:

1. Wide contoured backrest with spring articulation that moves with the passenger.
2. 1/4” aluminum luggage rack with rubber strips to hold luggage secure and to protect the powder coat finish.
3. Custom size HDPE blocks that fit like puzzle pieces to prevent distorting and cracking of the OEM racks and to strongly secure the assembly, preventing side to side and back and forth movement.
4. The backrest plate itself as well as the triangular gussets go through it's mating part, creating a strong mechanical connection that is welded to the underside for a cleaner look and stronger attachment.

Fits all GT, GTL and GTLE models. Available in satin black. Price is $399 plus shipping. International shipping available.

You can contact me at [email protected], call 607-857-0556 or PM me on this forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Other features include:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Big thanks to Dan Usack for simply building a great backrest. It is simple and quick to install. The wife loves it. If you are like me and many others on this Forum that do not need the expensive Top Box, this is the safest and best quality backrest on the non-OEM market.
BMW Backrest K1600 GT.jpg
BMW Backrest K1600 GT2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2019 K1600GT Sport Edition
318 Posts
Here is a couple picks of the silver rack and backrest on my GT sport with silver/black color combo. Very happy with the quality of the rack, color match to the stock rack and rest of the bike. Last but not least the transaction and communication with Dan on the whole transaction was stressless and easy. Great vendor!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I received my backrest from Dan this morning and installed it on my GT in minutes. Wow, what a lovely piece of handywork! Looks great, feels solid and my copilot is going to love the comfort on longer rides. Thanks, Dan!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts