BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be heading to Long Beach to visit with my kid's on Father's Day.

I'll be riding down PCH on Saturday. then riding back up PCH on Monday, making a stop in Lompoc for another visit.

Should be beautiful out there.

Reactions: astros50

·
Bubonic
995 Posts
Wish I was traveling with you to see my sister that lives out there.

Reactions: RedCard

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I'll be heading to Long Beach to visit with my kid's on Father's Day.

I'll be riding down PCH on Saturday. then riding back up PCH on Monday, making a stop in Lompoc for another visit.

Should be beautiful out there.
Lots of construction between Morro Bay and Big Sur. You should be OK on Saturday, but expect some significant delays in the Cambria area on Monday. Was out there yesterday. You could always bypass that area by going inland and taking Naci-Ferguson road over the hill.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Lots of construction between Morro Bay and Big Sur. You should be OK on Saturday, but expect some significant delays in the Cambria area on Monday. Was out there yesterday. You could always bypass that area by going inland and taking Naci-Ferguson road over the hill.
OOOPS, looks like you already did this. How was it?

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OOOPS, looks like you already did this. How was it?
As you described. There was a line of about 100 cars stopped with flow control for active construction. I had a "skip the line" card. :grin: But waited at least another 20 minutes before allowed to pass. Outside of that, it wasn't bad.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
I know it's just the kickstand, but I love how the world tilts when you stop the bike, and doesn't right itself until you're back on the bike and heading out again.

Must be a metaphor in there somewhere... :k16:

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it's just the kickstand, but I love how the world tilts when you stop the bike, and doesn't right itself until you're back on the bike and heading out again.

Must be a metaphor in there somewhere... :k16:
The road ahead is best viewed at an angle.:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts