BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
I make and sell a Ramball unit that fits in where your BMW logo is located in the center of your handle bars. You can order one either plain for $20 or with the logo for $25. There are many attachments available from www.gpscity.com to hold any smart phone.
contact me at [email protected] for ordering information.

You can run a phone charging cord to the outlet on the right side panel or run a semi permanent cord down your handlebar and under the plastic body panels to a battery source.

Attachments

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I use Jim's mount with a "perfect squeeze" phone holder. I run the cord to a charger that mounts to the bars.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
I use an RAM X-mount with the following attached to it with 3M VHB. Never have to attach any wires.

Wireless/waterproof charging with the USB connector of the charger run to the internals where I have a hardwired USB port installed.

I love the combo.

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
I use an RAM X-mount with the following attached to it with 3M VHB. Never have to attach any wires.

Wireless/waterproof charging with the USB connector of the charger run to the internals where I have a hardwired USB port installed.

I love the combo.
I like this, what's the diameter of this charging pad?

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I went with Wunderlich's Multipod adapter, two short Ram ball double end connectors, and a flexible double ball end connector with a Tachform phone holder and am tickled with the setup. It let's me keep my gaze up and doesn't obscure the dash. Links below.

Amazon.com: Arkon 10 inch Extension Pole with Double Socket Arm with 25mm (1 inch) Ball Ends Retail Black

Amazon.com: TACKFORM Motorcycle Phone Mount - 1" Ball Connection - Heavy Duty Spring Loaded Phone Holder. Compatible with RAM and ARKON 1 Inch Ball System. NO TETHER NEEDED, but we include one anyway.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Quad lock is the best, easiest and secure mount I have ever used. Only downside is you have to use their phone case but it’s an awesome mount.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have the exact same Qi charger and RAM X-Grip setup. It has fast charging and is waterproof. I tested the waterproofing by submerging it in a glass of water for 15 minutes right out of the box.

I liked it so much, I made the same setup for my car.

I love the combo.

·
Registered
614 Posts
2d on the tackform. They make one for the K1600 with a 3/4" ball, or the standard with a 1" mount. The 3/4 blocks part of the speedometer.

Tackform is better than the xmount for several reasons including:

1. It can be mounted and unmounted with one hand, and
2. Doesn't have the grippy tabs that will tear at an inconvenient time, and have to be replaced.

I also added the QI wireless charger per above.

Also waiting for RAM to come out with charging mount. RAM® Tough-Charge™ Waterproof Wireless Charging Motorcycle Mount

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
That list price for the RAM Tough-Charge is exorbitant at $197, and at 10W, lower wattage than the Amazon 15W Qi charger that I bought for $20.
I saw that too. Crazy price. I'd be surprised if they sold more than a handful at that price point when there are so many other options that are far cheaper and, arguably, better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw that too. Crazy price. I'd be surprised if they sold more than a handful at that price point when there are so many other options that are far cheaper and, arguably, better.
I recently added a quad lock mount for my phone. I find it very secure, less obtrusive and it can be incorporated with ram ball mount items. Just an FYI for phone or other electronics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any recommendations for a phone mount and charger?
I just bought a phone mount for my 2019 GTL and it’s working well with my iPhone 11Pro

1 - 20 of 75 Posts