BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Upside Down
2,070 Posts
I use a combination of Ram mount both the 1`` ball and the Handel bar mount that screws onto the switch cluster then use the small Ram mount arm to attach the Quad Lock while the quad lock is one of the best without any vibration the only thing with this set up you will also need a Mobile Case to fit your phone. I have used the Ram X mount in the past before doing this setup and, this one is by far outstanding. I want to but the center stem with the ram ball that Jim makes as it is a better mounting option and keeps the mobile in the center of your gauges. My problem there at the moment is our dollar being so low but Jim offers 2 of this one with the BMW Roundel the pother just plain machine so then it comes back to what you prefer. His stuff is top quality and his been making these for years without any issues.

See the photos below to give you an idea of my set up. Just a footnote the first photo is the handlebar mount I don't use the U Bolts.I have also tried the Wunderlich mount that screws into the side of the handlebar but did not like the way it sits once the phone was mounted.

shopping.png
IMG_1353.jpeg
iphone11_case_poncho_600x600_1909-159_800x.jpg

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I don't own a GTL but for my B I used the Ram Quick Grip. When I need to charge I just plug into the small port up by me. I was using the X grip but found that it kept wanting to either adjust my volume or turn off my phone. This thing is much better and it's absolutely solid in place.

james

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2019 GTL, and have not had any issue with Ram Mounts for the phone, cup holder and GoPro camera. Can’t go wrong.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Hi guys, I've tried several mounts. All have worked to a point save on a sunny day the screen is never bright enough to make it usable, say for Navigation. Anybody found a solution?

·
Upside Down
2,070 Posts
Quad lock is the best, easiest and secure mount I have ever used. Only downside is you have to use their phone case but it’s an awesome mount.
I agree .plus no vibrations, I have use lot of combinations and hated the Xgrip as it always ended up touching the buttons on the side of the phone plus it vibrated a lot. So now the combination or some ram great and the Quad mount works so well.

Attachments

Reactions: joe schmoe

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just bought a phone mount for my 2019 GTL and it’s working well with my iPhone 11Pro
Can you share photos? I'm leaning towards tackform but wanted to check if visibility is better with Jim's or from this other angle..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went with Wunderlich's Multipod adapter, two short Ram ball double end connectors, and a flexible double ball end connector with a Tachform phone holder and am tickled with the
View attachment 141049
I stumbled across a handlebar adaptor like this that had the RAM mount ball on the end. I searched for wunderlich multipod adaptor — it does not have a ball. How did you attach a ball to it?

·
Registered
260 Posts
What yu see here is my setup, utilizing RAM products mounted to my original Ezy-Mount ‘Gadget Mount’, that I designed/produced starting mid 1992, which RAM copied some time later !
EC8AB092-F2EC-4BA3-BD0B-17E5977907E4.jpeg

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I stumbled across a handlebar adaptor like this that had the RAM mount ball on the end. I searched for wunderlich multipod adaptor — it does not have a ball. How did you attach a ball to it?
Wunderlich's Multipod Adapter has a female thread so I just bought the appropriate male-threaded ram ball and screwed it in. (M8, I think.)

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
FYI www.gpscity.com has a full array of Ram accessories. Click on the top tab labeled MOUNTS

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
RAM finally released iPhone X/XS/XR/11/11Pro specific mounts a few weeks ago.
RAM® Form-Fit Cradle for Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max

I like this over the X-Grip and similar as the phone locks in and there's no doubt it's locked in. These mounts also do a better job of making sure there's no side button interference, etc.

I have a mount from Jryan, and I just buy the phone specific cradle for ~$12 when needed.

·
Upside Down
2,070 Posts
Wunderlich's Multipod Adapter has a female thread so I just bought the appropriate male-threaded ram ball and screwed it in. (M8, I think.)
I bought the same thing and hated it so it just sits on my parts draw with all the other phone adaptors lol. The issue I have with the Ram Claw X mount is that it hinders and pushes on the phone's buttons so I am happy with the Quad mount and the bonus is that it does not vibrate.

Reactions: sbennett53

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ended up going with the tackform mount.

I still need to solve a cup holder need for king rides, so I can access water without stopping.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ended up going with the tackform mount.

I still need to solve a cup holder need for king rides, so I can access water without stopping.
Here is mine mounted. I like it. I think I will keep it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I used an X-Grip for a while. It was fine and worked well, I even glued on a cheap inductive phone charger to make it even more convenient , but I was too nervous that someone was going to snatch the phone in slow traffic going through a town, so I've taken it off.

Joe

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used an X-Grip for a while. It was fine and worked well, I even glued on a cheap inductive phone charger to make it even more convenient , but I was too nervous that someone was going to snatch the phone in slow traffic going through a town, so I've taken it off.
Full functionality + rain and shock protection for hundred quid. Works just fine for me as a riding assistant.

Cheers,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Full functuonality + rain and shock protection for hundred quid. Works just fine for me as a riding assistant.
i was thinking of doing something similar. Put my iPhone in the side bag with the USB charger, and a second one on my bike for navigation. Put just riding based apps on it. If it get stolen, just get another one.
My SENA will pair to a GPS and phone so that the GPS can interrupt. So maybe an Android is in my future.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Simplest & cheapest solution - a $10 bicycle water bottle cage, mounted on the upper fairing, using the factory screw. It holds my travel mug for coffee in the morning, and an insulated water bottle filled with ice & water for the afternoon. It literally takes less than a minute to install or remove. I needed to use a slightly longer screw on mine, due to the thickness of the base on the holder.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts