BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate it. 110 miles on it. Took it down the highway solo today and it pulls left and right in dirty air. Following a tractor trailer is the worst. Bike is completely unsafe above 70 MPH

·
Registered
962 Posts
Looking forward to seeing photos when you "are" sir :)

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I had an LT which is the older version of the GTL... that thing was a moose, too big and heavy for me. Super stable @ 140mph though and had more to go when I ran out of straight car less road!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I had an LT which is the older version of the GTL... that thing was a moose, too big and heavy for me. Super stable @ 140mph though and had more to go when I ran out of straight car less road!
I still have my LT. She is a very Rubenesque motorcycle. No comparison with the GA at all Brother. I f'n love my GA. It will follow me to Valhalla.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
djfalkenstein, I guess you missed my point... I would take the GA over the LT no doubt. They aren't even close as far as slow handling in a parking lot. But I'm kinda bummed about the 101 mph top speed of the GA.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
djfalkenstein, I guess you missed my point... I would take the GA over the LT no doubt. They aren't even close as far as slow handling in a parking lot. But I'm kinda bummed about the 101 mph top speed of the GA.

Bren tuning can fix the speed limiter and give you more power.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try changing the ride & suspension settings a little firmer. That seemed to work for me. I get a sight wobble every now and then in dirty air but nothing that would have me trade my GA in. Maybe BMW will supply a steering damper or air foil someday??? Probably not. But I do love this bike more than my Road Glide!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone experimented yet with a different front tire than OEM on the Grand America that tamed the front-end wobble above 70 mph and in dirty air?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts