BMW K1600 Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
80 (now, 81) posts about a freaking straw! Geez, we need the weather to break so we can all get out and ride!

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
80 (now, 81) posts about a freaking straw! Geez, we need the weather to break so we can all get out and ride!
A-FREAKIN-MEN!!!
Now I may have to go back to that recall post and push it toward 2000!!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Come to Vegas, it's been in the mid to upper 60's and amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
With all due respect... you suck! ;)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Well, when it's summer here and 117, I'll be sitting in my air-conditioning waiting for fall so I can ride again

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Luckily, it's a DRY heat. :rolleyes:

Back in '15 I rode through Vegas on a 115° day and, dry heat or not, it was stinkin' HOT!

·
Premium Member
395 Posts

Back in '15 I rode through Vegas on a 115° day and, dry heat or not, it was stinkin' HOT!
Hmmm....at what temperature does a straw melt???

·
Registered
90 Posts
Plastic straws are mostly made of polypropylene (PP), though some are polystyrene (PS). The melting and softening points of these polymers depend on their chemical structures. PP melts between 270–340 deg F, whereas PS becomes fluid and flows at about 470 deg F. :unsure:

·
Registered
318 Posts

I bought a Harley in June of 2009. I thought the temp gauge was broken because it was always pegged at 120. It was mid September before I found out it actually worked. The official temp is taken 6ft off the ground, in the shade. Temps in the sun and on the street, are far higher. Unbearable actually. During th e summer I only ride just before sun up and I'm home by 10am, and only to the mountains where it's 20 degrees cooler

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Been almost a week...any update on this situation???

·
Registered
17 Posts
EASY! Call up one of those doctors that do colonoscopies and ask if you can borrow his tools. That long device that he sticks up people's nether regions has a hi-def camera on it and can even cut and burn polyps. I'm sure it will find the straw.

·
Premium Member
2,914 Posts
Not all vacs are created equal. C'om guys lets try out some old Chinese made vacs that are hiding somewhere in the garage for a couple of decades..............

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
EASY! Call up one of those doctors that do colonoscopies and ask if you can borrow his tools. That long device that he sticks up people's nether regions has a hi-def camera on it and can even cut and burn polyps. I'm sure it will find the straw.
We've got some doctors here on the forum, do we not???

81 - 94 of 94 Posts