BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all!
I am inquiring as to how many would like to participate in a Pacific North West, PNW, ride. We can collectively create a route which can pick up riders along the way instead of meeting at a central location or meet in the middle and create a route for all to ride together.
Not sure about the date or the month but "fishing" for interest at this time. Of course this would include riders from BC Canada or beyond!
I have some ideas about a route already and would try to coordinate information to be passed along.

Reason: I will be relocating to the Southwest in the fall for attendance at MMI and wanted to ride with some fellow members from the forum in the PNW before I leave. (not a wish or request just a ride)

If you are interested reply to the thread or send me a PM and we can put this together!! :smile:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Good idea. I’m up here in Ferndale and always looking for an excuse for a ride. We’ve got the North Cascade Highway and lot’s of good riding on the area.

GT

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Same as Cam, depending on schedule I am for sure IN

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good idea. I’m up here in Ferndale and always looking for an excuse for a ride. We’ve got the North Cascade Highway and lot’s of good riding on the area.

GT
Surprised I havent seen you on the roads, I'm also in Ferndale with a GT.

Group ride sounds good, schedule permitting, I'll be on North Cascade highway tomorrow, on a solo trip back from Salt Lake City.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Surprised I havent seen you on the roads, I'm also in Ferndale with a GT.

Group ride sounds good, schedule permitting, I'll be on North Cascade highway tomorrow, on a solo trip back from Salt Lake City.
We need to meet up and do a ride. I’m leaving here next Thursday for a week to I don’t know where.

GT

·
Registered
197 Posts
TC,
Just got back from wandering around up there (see my ride report).
When you get down here and want to check out this part of the country, PM me...

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I'm in depending on the dates selected. Just FYI the WSBMWR rally is in Republic from 7/19 - 7/22/18.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
I am from NJ (yes the east coast) however I am working near Seattle (yea I get to fly cross country every week) and I am interested. Was planning on getting my bike shipped out here for some riding anyway. Please keep updating this thread or PM me with dates and locations. Would be great to ride with some others :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I am from NJ (yes the east coast) however I am working near Seattle (yea I get to fly cross country every week) and I am interested. Was planning on getting my bike shipped out here for some riding anyway. Please keep updating this thread or PM me with dates and locations. Would be great to ride with some others :)

Even if we cant get a group ride together I am available to ride most weekends.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I’ll be in Republic for the BMW Rally this month. It would be great if someone puts a ride together in July or August. I’m in barring any complications.

GT

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So how about a 'tentative' date of August 18th?? What say those who are interested?

- Recommend meeting place?
- How far south, and should we try to run a loop near the Canadian border?

With everyone's input we can create a route or just a couple of us. Also should we plan on impromptu stop(s) or just bring food/snacks along? Thoughts?

Thanks all!! :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Sounds great, unfortunately that's the weekend I start my trek to DarBQ.

But I'm still gonna keep an eye on the thread

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All,
So far we have about 11 who are interested. If you could choose one of these days which would work for your schedule:
- Aug 11
- Aug 12
- Aug 18
- Aug 19
- Aug 25
- Aug 26

Understand the DarBQue during one of the weekends so if possible we could work that into consideration.
Other considerations;
- Southwestern route
- North Cascades route
- Eastern route then south and loop back north

Post your thoughts and we can get this together!
Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
11th and 12 will work for me. Dont care where we ride :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts