BMW K1600 Forum banner

Would you like to see a Political Discussion sub-forum?

• Yes

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 56 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Many foolishly believe they can control what someone else is going to do. Forum, sub-forum or not, bla, bla, bla . . . people are going to do what they are going to do. If they want to talk politics, it is going to happen. Prohibition does not work--not with alcohol, not with sex, not with drugs, not with rock'n'roll, not with guns, not with speech . . . And for some, prohibition makes the activity more desirable.

Live and let live.

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
Now I'm stumped.. Trying to figure out how Meese construes "It's a joke, not a dikk, don't take it so hard" as homophobic/anti-LGBTQRSTUVW...

Duane

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
@Northsquad, I read your post to imply Clinton was a better choice than Trump. My wife keeps asking me why I'm laughing so hard. You too should have been a comedian. For what it's worth, I choked when I had to vote for Trump.. Thanks for the laugh of the day. :)

Duane
Read it again friend, nowhere does it say that, who I voted for is my business alone, laugh or choke I don't care what you do. I'm angry about this guys post for one reason only. I've seen other BMW motorcycle sites go down in flames over politics for no reason. Keep it the **** outta here. I enjoy this site for technical information and discussions about K1600's that's why I donated money to help pay the server bill, not to talk politics.

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
Read it again friend, nowhere does it say that, who I voted for is my business alone, laugh or choke I don't care what you do. I'm angry about this guys post for one reason only. I've seen other BMW motorcycle sites go down in flames over politics for no reason. Keep it the **** outta here. I enjoy this site for technical information and discussions about K1600's that's why I donated money to help pay the server bill, not to talk politics.
You are correct, I read it wrong, I deleted the post. My apologies.

Duane

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
ProTip Duane: You can believe that Trump is an utter imbecile with zero redeeming qualities, and that fact alone would have nothing to do with Obama or either Clinton or Bernie or Pelosi or anyone else...

Y'all are just lucky that AOC isn't yet 35, as that possibility would really mess with your brains.

Is it 2028 yet? :lol:
Ken, Ken, Ken, you need to check yourself in to a rehab facility immediately, your derangement syndrome has reached another level.

Duane

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think if you get physically threatened and it’s followed thru
None of these threats, real or "joking" are ever followed through, even when meeting such folks in person.

It's just egos bashing against each other, and some choose to take it more personally than others. Which is really too bad.

I'd still ride with any of y'all, but I'm sure not slowing down just so some of y'all can catch up...
Well that’s good but there’s WILL come a day where that will change. Be careful, I’ve been in enough bar fights over stupidness and like I said I always try and deescalate. I only threaten or fight when needed and you can think I’m egotistical or not, I can’t kill someone. This pettiness is not worth it.

Just be careful and don’t think it’s all just threats will no real risk. That’s all.

Signed you’re concerned k1600 board cousin.

👍😬

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
I don't think you read it wrong.
Best.
I'll take him at his word and give him the benefit of the doubt. He says I read it wrong, e.g. he wasn't implying Clinton was a better choice than Trump. I'll leave it at that.

Duane

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Well I, for one, am going to destress with a fattie. Once I am right, I am going to begin plans to invite every one of you to Thanksgiving dinner. Should be a blast. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Y'all may note that I specifically stay away from the derogatory term "redneck", even if it does apply quite well in certain cases. ;)
Ken, I remained highly impressed with your moto trailering skills but I think there is a Jeff Foxworthy joke lurking somewhere in this photo. :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
None of these threats, real or "joking" are ever followed through, even when meeting such folks in person.

It's just egos bashing against each other, and some choose to take it more personally than others. Which is really too bad.

I'd still ride with any of y'all, but I'm sure not slowing down just so some of y'all can catch up... :k16:
I knew that if I was patient and hung around long enough, we’d finally be able to agree on something

:)

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Ken, Ken, Ken, you need to check yourself in to a rehab facility immediately, your derangement syndrome has reached another level.
Once again, I refute your politics and your imbecile leader (he's ripe for ridicule—it's part of the job, especially when it's demonstrably true), and you respond by trying to go after my character.

Typical...

As for the dikk "joke" ask yourself why it works for you. Is it perhaps because it feminizes your target, as if the most natural act in the world of sex is something to be weaponized and cheapened?

Again, I grew up when friends we're literally fighting for their lives (and sometimes losing) just because of who they chose to love and sleep with.

So yeah, "jokingly" telling someone to take a dikk as a direct personal insult is crude, insulting, and rather childish.

The fact that you really just don't get that, coupled with your continual use of the term "libtards" and your other weak, ineffectual personal attacks pretty much puts you in the camp of "never grew up and doesn't even realize it" which is dämn close to "needs to just be ignored as a lost cause."

This isn't high-school locker room dikk swinging. If you really want to have a real, honest conversation about any of this, then step up because I'm all ears. But if you can't even muster the basic human decency and mutual respect to do that, then just walk away and leave the important conversations to the adults...

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Ken, I remained highly impressed with your moto trailering skills but I think there is a Jeff Foxworthy joke lurking somewhere in this photo. :smile:
I was thinking more Beverly Hillbillies myself... :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
People voting against this are trying to silence the opposition.

(Kidding. I voted to keep it a MC forum.)

·
Registered
516 Posts
I voted yes and so far this discussion is maturing along nicely with only a little bit of name calling and discontent. Everyone has an opinion on this subject and as the OP suggested one political thread would keep the political comments out of the wanted everyday technical discussions.

The beginnings of a positive change in the way we approach or view politics? Personally I am not happy about the way it is going now.

This is the perfect group to make it happen because there are many older and wiser members here on this forum with a sense of maturity to teach a younger generation that it is okay to be engaged in politics in a positive and productive light. Other forums are not as tollerable and sophisticated as the members are on this forum, show them all how it can be done. Remember to use the keyboard in the same manner as you would be talking with your peers face to face. It does not bother me that the viewpoint of others is not the same as my own.

Or another option is to let groups like Antifa show us how it is done.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I voted yes, I probably come from a different background then most. I have friends that are liberal left leaning. We discuss, argue, disagree and have fun with it. We'll NEVER change each others thoughts and that's fine. They wouldn't think twice about helping me and I don't think twice about helping them.

As @J-Luv said I come here to learn, discus, unwind, hang out. I love a good banter back and forth and no it doesn't change the way I think of people.

What I can't figure out is we are all adults here and some were complaining about said posts. DON'T CLICK ON IT AND READ IT IF IT BOTHERS YOU! Only you are responsible for what you read on here.

@Meese , we've never met and will never agree politically but I'd be the first to have your back and help a brother out. I've never met @Gunnert personally either but my read on him is he'd help you as well. He'd give you crap but he'd help, he helped me and doesn't even know me.

I've said it before, the Mods on this site are awesome! Go to the STowners site if you want a heavily moderated almost dead forum!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Meese, you are the only person jumping up and down about getting along yet you are the ONLY person in the 6 pages of this thread to start another sh!t$storm political thread on a poll about political threads. Does this seem odd to you?
You are also the only person who actually said that you are offended a few posts after saying that words don't bother you.

Sorry bud, you are the problem here

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
Once again, I refute your politics and your imbecile leader (he's ripe for ridicule—it's part of the job, especially when it's demonstrably true), and you respond by trying to go after my character.

Typical...

As for the dikk "joke" ask yourself why it works for you. Is it perhaps because it feminizes your target, as if the most natural act in the world of sex is something to be weaponized and cheapened?

Again, I grew up when friends we're literally fighting for their lives (and sometimes losing) just because of who they chose to love and sleep with.

So yeah, "jokingly" telling someone to take a dikk as a direct personal insult is crude, insulting, and rather childish.

The fact that you really just don't get that, coupled with your continual use of the term "libtards" and your other weak, ineffectual personal attacks pretty much puts you in the camp of "never grew up and doesn't even realize it" which is dämn close to "needs to just be ignored as a lost cause."

This isn't high-school locker room dikk swinging. If you really want to have a real, honest conversation about any of this, then step up because I'm all ears. But if you can't even muster the basic human decency and mutual respect to do that, then just walk away and leave the important conversations to the adults...

@Meese, here's the newsflash and laugh of the day :)
Trump is YOUR leader too! hahahahahahaahaahhaha

As for the rest of your ridiculous rant I'm not going to engage, well, not too much :) ; if something like a dikk joke invokes different emotions from you, then so-be-it, who am I to judge. Feel free to continue your holier than thou diatribe. Let me say, and I believe this with all my heart and sole, you and the rest of your far left libtards with your radical, sanctimonious, superior ideas/attitudes are 100% responsible for the election of Trump. You gave the rest of the country no choice.

Duane

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.