BMW K1600 Forum banner

Would you like to see a Political Discussion sub-forum?

• Yes

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 56 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,939 Posts
The problem is when someone attacks the politician someone believes in they can take it as an attack on them. It's not. I once told one of my best friends the choice he made is wrong and went into detail why that person was the wrong choice. After his way over the top tantrum was finished I calmly said it wasn't a reflection on him as I have the greatest respect for him I just have zero respect for the person he voted for. We're still friends and talk politics but he doesn't get so mad anymore..

People assume they are the ones being attacked and its leading to a divide in this country that shouldn't be there.

People vote for someone in the hope that person can move this country in the direction they want it to go. The people on both sides are Americans. One side saying the other side is UN-American is just plain wrong and that bugs the crap out of me.
Moving forward we need to stay united regardless of which side is in power.
I'm gonna go ride my bike now.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Duane, you're funny.

Deluded, but funny...

Although I do see why you're a Trump supporter.

You mistakenly think arrogance is strength, you think aggression is power, and you think that sexist derision is "just a joke, man." You long for a world where you can say or do whatever the hëll you want without fear of consequence or reprisal. Trump does just that, so you see him as powerful, rather than as the weak, incompetent, narcissistic blustering bully that he truly is. And he's promised that you too can be an utter ässhole and get away with it, so you're all in.

You say you'd gladly jump in to help a fellow out, and I've no doubt that you would, then you mock and attack and abuse half of the country by calling them "libtards" just because they happen to see the world differently than you do.

I never said that I was personally offended by your dikk nonsense. I've heard much worse. I said that what you posted was offensive and obnoxious. Important difference there, even if you can't see it.

Being the bully isn't strength, but standing up to the bully is. Honestly, my biggest complaint about Hillary is that she didn't just stand up and shut his äss down in the debates when he continually shouted over her and invaded her personal space. Because that's how you deal with these types of assholes—by directly calling them out and not letting them freely inflict their deluded fantasy worldview upon others. Because everything has a cost...

Calling people out for being offensive isn't weakness or an inability to handle things—rather it shows a personal strength and fortitude that you just don't understand.

Anyone can be an ässhole. That's easy, and takes little effort or imagination.

Try being a real man by showing strength and compassion in equal measure.

Then maybe we'd actually have something worthwhile to talk about...

*Note that nowhere in here have I said that you are a bad person—I just think you've made bad choices and have a strongly partisan worldview based on bad inputs and a stunted sense of conditional morality. And that has led you to support people and ideas that are truly abhorrent to anyone outside of that limited worldview. But it's not too late—with time and effort and exposure to the truth, you too can be a changed man. ;)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Ken,

I have a serious question, and would like to receive a serious response please.

In your opinion, in all the slate of 2020 Democratic candidates, which one do you think has the best vision for America? And why?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm relatively new to this forum. I'm also into activities other than motorcycles, so I'm a member of other dedicated forums as well. I can tell you from first hand experience that political sub-forums are a cancer, and they can destroy an overall site in no time at all. Camaraderie and respect can turn into division and literal hatred really quick. Some might think it can somehow be "controlled", but that's a delusion. It just doesn't work.

If you're a political junkie looking for a place to get your fix, check out PoliticalForum.com - Forum for US and Intl Politics. If you think you've seen everything, you don't know the depths of dysfunction and crazy until you participate on that site. I made the mistake of thinking rational political discussions were possible until I tried my hand there. For my own sanity I had to walk away and ignore it. Still, that's probably the place to be if you can't contain the urge to share with the world your inner feelings.

My vote is to leave politics alone and keep this site pure for it's primary intention. It's really a cool place you don't want to disrupt.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
In your opinion, in all the slate of 2020 Democratic candidates, which one do you think has the best vision for America? And why?
Way to early to tell. Things still need time to settle out a bit more.

Right now I'm far more interested in what Mueller has to say...

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.