BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the bmw motorcycle world but not to riding since I have been riding form the age of 16 harleys mainly however i moved over to the bmw world this year after riding the 1600 gtl fell in love with the power the handling and mainly the price for the amount of money I paid for the 1600 there would be no way I could have gotten 160 hp from the cvo harley. however after looking at the bike closer you notice that you do give up a lot to be where you are with this bike. what you save in the price you pay dearly for add-ons from pipes to foot pegs floor boards. you name it its $$$$$ if you drop your bike and break a mirror cover its 150.00 or so some one hits it and it breaks the tabs its 150.00 to replace it ouch!!!
now after putting 700 miles on it I have noticed that the sound is fair less than i would have expected from a company that is know for quality BMW.
so the question is what is the answer in replacing the speaker system and the amp to increase the sound and quality at speed? also just one more even the more I would really like someone to really tell me why even a bolt costs 54.00 just to hold a phone mount? now with all the bitching out of the way I really do love the bike handles cornering is awesome. I live in Temecula and would like to ride with some fellow BMW riders in the area.

· Premium Member
457 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
I remember bringing my K1600 home for the first time. While parked in the garage and I was reading the manual and checking out the bike.....I put on the radio. I remember thinking it sounded awesome, set in my pre-sets and couldn't wait to enjoy it when I went back out. I've since learned that the only time it sounds awesome is when its parked in the garage and I'm just checking out the bike and reading the manual. :LOL:

Maybe at red lights it sounds ok. :unsure:

A few have done some speaker upgrades but many have just found alternative means of pumping in music to the helmet.

· Registered
59 Posts
The above link will take you the BMW Club South Coast Riders. I have a CVO Ultra Classic and BMW K1600 GTL. Love the BMW and these guys are great to ride with. There are several members who live in the Temecula area. Also, if you are on Facebook, they have a group called South Coast BMW Riders Club. You can always join this FB group and check it out before joining the SC Riders Club.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.