BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve been contemplating adjusting my bars to come back a bit. There is a wide price spread for available adjustment plates, from $50 to $200. It’s just a chunk of machined aluminum right? There was a member here who made some and I’m hoping to get some good info on why the cost spread and what exactly is the change in grip position. Does this modification require length change in brake, clutch or electrical wires? 2014 K1600 GTLE Thanks

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I’ve been contemplating adjusting my bars to come back a bit. There is a wide price spread for available adjustment plates, from $50 to $200. It’s just a chunk of machined aluminum right? There was a member here who made some and I’m hoping to get some good info on why the cost spread and what exactly is the change in grip position. Does this modification require length change in brake, clutch or electrical wires? 2014 K1600 GTLE Thanks
I think @jryan19 is who you're thinking of.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Hello ResQu. Thanks for giving me the chance to answer your questions. Any pullback riser you see on eBay that costs less than 139.95 are most likely made in China. In fact someone from China purchased my risers and copied them. They even stole some of my photos from MY ad ! I can’t tell you what aluminum they use. My aluminum is made in USA. MIC 6 is what I use and sometimes T 6061. Both plenty strong for this purpose. Also I guarantee you will be happy with the machined finish on my risers. I supply grade 8 stainless steel bolts and detailed instructions. What bolts you will get from China I don’t know. Most of the riser you see on eBay give about the same rise and pullback. The pullback is limited due to hitting the plastic on the tank. Also with me you have hundreds of happy customers on the forum who can vouch for me and the quality of my risers. My comments above do not include heli bar risers which are good quality but do not give as much rise as my risers do.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Hello ResQu. Thanks for giving me the chance to answer your questions. Any pullback riser you see on eBay that costs less than 139.95 are most likely made in China. In fact someone from China purchased my risers and copied them. They even stole some of my photos from MY ad ! I can’t tell you what aluminum they use. My aluminum is made in USA. MIC 6 is what I use and sometimes T 6061. Both plenty strong for this purpose. Also I guarantee you will be happy with the machined finish on my risers. I supply grade 8 stainless steel bolts and detailed instructions. What bolts you will get from China I don’t know. Most of the riser you see on eBay give about the same rise and pullback. The pullback is limited due to hitting the plastic on the tank. Also with me you have hundreds of happy customers on the forum who can vouch for me and the quality of my risers. My comments above do not include heli bar risers which are good quality but do not give as much rise as my risers do.
I can testify as to the high quality and ease of installation jryan19's risers. Have used them for many years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts