BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K1600B
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I know this has been discussed before, however, I've never seen it change other than the dash marks. Yes, I've tried idling the bike...clutch in...clutch out...first gear clutch in...neutral clutch in...clutch out...engine hot...engine warm...engine cold...fan running...fan off...never changes. Appreciate your comments.

Next stop - dealer.

Semper Fi

Mobile phone Communication Device Telephony Gadget Portable communications device

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You need to be on level ground, engine hot and idling, transmission in neutral. The final bit that caught me out was that the brakes must be OFF, so no holding the bike steady on the brake lever.

Once I worked that out, the oil level check worked for me every time on my MY2019 bikes - my guess is that the MY2022 will be the same.

·
Registered
2022 K1600B
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to be on level ground, engine hot and idling, transmission in neutral. The final bit that caught me out was that the brakes must be OFF, so no holding the bike steady on the brake lever.

Once I worked that out, the oil level check worked for me every time on my MY2019 bikes - my guess is that the MY2022 will be the same.
Greetings,

Thanks for the tip...the pic was taken in my garage...after a long ride...bike on center stand...no brakes...no clutch...bike idling...no change in display. Tried at gas stations...after fill up...bike level...idling...no brakes...no change.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
4,366 Posts
It's just going to say "ok". That thing is completely irrelevant and should be ignored. If the bike gets a half quart low your going to see a large yellow screen saying your oil is low.

Reactions: joeducati

·
Registered
2022 K1600B
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's just going to say "ok". That thing is completely irrelevant and should be ignored. If the bike gets a half quart low your going to see a large yellow screen saying your oil is low.
Rick,

I would just like to see okay...or anything but dashes...I agree with irrelevant...I always use the dipstick.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
138 Posts
Greetings,

I know this has been discussed before, however, I've never seen it change other than the dash marks. Yes, I've tried idling the bike...clutch in...clutch out...first gear clutch in...neutral clutch in...clutch out...engine hot...engine warm...engine cold...fan running...fan off...never changes. Appreciate your comments.

Next stop - dealer.

Semper Fi

View attachment 167773
Same here. It has never read anything but those dashes no matter what "scenario" the bike needs to be in that has been suggested. I'm learning to ignore many things that come along with this TFT. I on the other hand will not take it to the dealer for this. I'll keep my dashes over the very likely inadvertent scratch, ding, or some other random damage to my bike. I love the "we'll even wash it for free". Oh no you won't! Lol.....

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
4000 Mi
Ok i check this when at lights but sometimes the lights go green before the OK comes up

So you need to be in the same status as if you were waiting at lights for a long time on a flat road. Engine running, neutral, no brakes, no side stand etc. But I've noticed that the engine needs to be above 96 for it to give an OK. So don't try measuring unless you've been riding for a bit and to take your mind off the time, watch the temperature rise slowly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My new B is showing the same thing, guess I will ask dealer when it goes in for the 600 break in service. I always check the dipstick but I still like for things to work as advertised. Crazy how clear and thin the break in oil is, it is literally like water on the dipstick.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thank you sir...read my manual four times...
Got it, but I did not (at least not in detail)- so I did not mean to be cheaky. I will try it the next time I go for a ride on my ‘22 B :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 62 Posts