BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Greetings,

I know this has been discussed before, however, I've never seen it change other than the dash marks. Yes, I've tried idling the bike...clutch in...clutch out...first gear clutch in...neutral clutch in...clutch out...engine hot...engine warm...engine cold...fan running...fan off...never changes. Appreciate your comments.

Next stop - dealer.

Semper Fi

View attachment 167773
Same here. It has never read anything but those dashes no matter what "scenario" the bike needs to be in that has been suggested. I'm learning to ignore many things that come along with this TFT. I on the other hand will not take it to the dealer for this. I'll keep my dashes over the very likely inadvertent scratch, ding, or some other random damage to my bike. I love the "we'll even wash it for free". Oh no you won't! Lol.....

·
Registered
216 Posts
UPDATE
I visited the dealer today and was told it could quite possible be a sensor or a software update. He tried to tell me how to do it but left out a few steps...that's okay, that's why we read the manual. Nonetheless, the dipstick works okay and I told him at my next maintenance visit his tech could take a look at it. On a side note, they're only getting 30% of their normal allocation...sad day for sales people.

Checking the oil is important...and easy, especially when flying...I checked it before EVERY flight.

Semper Fi
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Very strange :confused:
I don't know how you can test 3 times. What does that mean? You just stop the bike, in neutral, no brakes and watch the display. I've never started the bike and tried, is that what you're doing differently?
I performed the prescribed steps three times in a row, after my run. After each attempt, I would put the bike into some other configuration. Side stand down, brakes applied, etc. Then follow the manual's steps, again.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It works on my old 2013 GTL, and I know this because I tried it once in the two years I've owned it, so as you can tell it wouldn't bother me if it stopped working, but if I bought a brand new bike under warranty I would ensure BMW corrected it or offered some form of compensation if it wasn't working.
I agree! My only reservation is I have to let the dealer look at the bike:) With "minor" things like this I am hesitant because I know the dealer/employees couldn't care less about my bike. I get tired of the boot scrapes on seats, scratches do to sloppy tightening of bolts, washing the bike when specifically asked NOT to wash the bike, etc. When I HAVE to leave it, I take a video of the bike in the dealers lot and pictures from all angles. The shop manager asked what I was doing once and I told him. He stated everyone should do the exact thing, to protect everyone involved.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you just start up the bike with it on the main stand, the ABS check light will be flashing. When I’ve tried the oil level check like this I just get the three dashes. If I actually ride the bike until the ABS check light extinguishes, the oil level check works. This may be coincidence, but it works for me.
I should have said that I actually operated the MC on the roadway, each time, prior to initiating the space shuttle launch sequence to get my readout to say "OK". Lol....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Guys....when I took my 2022 B in my dealer said it's only a low oil level warning. It will not show anything but low oil status. I thought it was weird because it was the only (and most important IMO) reading that wasn't showing anything.
I think your dealer is wrong, or the manual is wrong. Take your pick. I'm going with dealer.....Being wrong that is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts