BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there from "down south" - where I am able to ride 365 days a year! :clap:

I have been biking since 1974... had a variety of bikes... working my way "up" to a Damask GTL - surely the cherry on the cake, huh?

I imported from USA Wunderlicht top case rack, pannier, front mudguard and engine protector. Primary reason for this "protection" : 2011 I snapped right Achilles tendon... so there is a weight / strength concern!!

Previous RT (2000 model) - I have now traded in with 120,00 Miles. I kept a rather accurate log of running costs and over the 12 years : $3,500!!!! Sure, I did all servicing myself and this cost includes tyres, brake pads!

Only two "issues" I had : Hall sensor & Ignition switch "pigtail" to main wiring loom. (Both repaired myself....)

Here is to racking up many, many more enjoyable miles on the GTL!

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
365 days a year? :drool: That must get boring.:lol:
It would be nice to read of your impressions of the bike as you rack up the miles.
Enjoy your endless riding season on your new ride :k16:

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
Congrats on the bike and welcome to the form.
When I woke up this morning, the world was white again with snow, so I'm envious. No riding here for some time.
Many safe miles.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Jot - saw what you did with the Wunderlich kit. Post some pictures? Welcome and congrats - this is a really great bike - perhaps join you for a ride on any one of the 365 days?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Old vs. New

A pic of the RT...... which I christened "Comfortably Numb". (Yeah.... Pink Floyd!!)

GTL - "Comfortably Numb II" : a 'before' and 'after' pic.

·
Upside Down
1,368 Posts
Congratulations on a great bike and welcome from Australia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts