BMW K1600 Forum banner

Ramball mount height with tank bag

990 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Jonnybow 
#1 ·
I have one of @Arizona Jim 's ramball mounts for my perfect squeeze phone mount. It's currently on a ramball 3" extension and was a convenient height prior to installing the tank bag. Now that I have a tank bag, it sits just above the bag and is difficult to see. Does anyone else have a similar setup with a longer extension? How long is too long?
Those arms are cheap enough I guess to buy a few different length ones and experiment but it's always better to see if anyone else has found the right length.
Thanks in advance

#3 ·
I have yet to install my new roundel ramball mount for my QL phone holder/charger. Just received it yesterday. I have a 2” or maybe 3” arm that I anticipate being about right. I have the RKA Shiloh bag. I’m hoping the phone is just in view over the top of the bag. The cordless QL charger and anti vibration rig is pretty deep adding height/length when the bar/arm is angled horizontally toward me.

What tank bag did you end up adding?

#4 ·
I have the same bag you have and with the 3" ram arm, the phone is right at the front edge of the bag. The issue now is, the bag covers my view of the bottom of the dash. My idea is adding a longer arm might allow me to see under the phone but not sure if it's going to work at all.

#9 ·
I’m pretty sure I use the speedo on the Nav 99% of the time.

#11 ·
Confirmed mine is the 3” and I can’t see the lower center dash, but that’s not new. And I may try the horizontal view. It didn’t fit as well in that orientation with the tech form holder on the handle bar adapter bolt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.