BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Palm Bay, FL dealership is very good. Always friendly and does a good job at service and sales.
2. Broward Motorsports in Hobe Sound (firmly W. Palm Beach). Been there 4 times for parts. Never in stock, and not very knowledgeable. They sell tons of waterspouts stuff, but not much BMW, so there is limited experience.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Garcia Moto BMW INDIAN DUCATI KTM
Raleigh NC

Good dealership, nice people, professional, allow 'real' test rides for seasoned riders, quality service (of course, you pay the price).

·
Registered
100 Posts
A&S BMW, Triumph, Royal Enfield, Roseville, Ca.
They way we expect things to be considering the money we pay for the rides we own.
Great all the way around, parts, service, sales staff.

Reactions: racer1735

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Max BMW is the best, never had a problem. I bought five bikes from them, and must have referred another 12 at least. Max is a BMW only dealership, he now has 4 shops I believe NH, NY and two in Connecticut. I was out on LI and his service Mercedes Spriter made a Long Island run once a week at least. Anything I couldn't do on my own come winter Max picked it up did the work and returned it the next week. If you're nearby give him a try you won't be disappointed https://www.maxbmw.com

Reactions: nigelhobbes

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Also like Max BMW. Although I live in the west, I've used Max BMW a couple of times while needing service on cross country trips.

·
Registered
63 Posts
In the Chicago area, Cycle Werks of Barrington is a great BMW dealership. Very friendly, and good service dept. I believe there’s 5 service techs now. 847-381-8050 phone #

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I have nothing but good things to say about my dealership, Engle Motors in Kansas City. Small and family owned, populated with sales and service staff who treat me like family. In addition to BMW, they carry Triumph and Royal Enfield.

Reactions: J-Luv

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
^^^ +1 on Engles. It's the only dealership for 200 miles or more, but they've been around forever. Not everyone I know has only positives to say about them. I know a rider or two who would rather have their bikes serviced elsewhere because of a bad experience or two in the past. But, no dealership is perfect. In general, I think the older the dealership, the more they try to value the relationship over the dollar.

Reactions: Vandaldog

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've been very happy with BMW Motorcycle of Western Oregon. Very helpful parts department, and the service department got my trans recall done on time. Not much else I could ask for. I would buy a bike from them if I was in the market.

Zach

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. Palm Bay, FL dealership is very good. Always friendly and does a good job at service and sales.
2. Broward Motorsports in Hobe Sound (firmly W. Palm Beach). Been there 4 times for parts. Never in stock, and not very knowledgeable. They sell tons of waterspouts stuff, but not much BMW, so there is limited experience.
I live in central FL. Discovered the K1600BGA while on an out-of-state trip.
Decided I wanted to get a 2021 model, and upon return, started to shop.
I quickly found out that there are not many BMW dealers around (certainly not compared with HD dealers). Also, the dealers that do exist aren't carrying much inventory.
I am closest to the dealer in Orlando...they didn't return my call...even after leaving a message about definitely buying one. The dealer in Daytona didn't have one in stock and commenced trying to sell me on the R18. Nothing from Hobe Sound or Tampa either. Only Palm Bay and Ft. Lauderdale dealerships responded to me.
The Palm Bay dealer (Rob) was great...had a demo to ride...didn't have the Mars Red I wanted, but offered to contact the regional BMW rep to see if they could get one...which they did. Also gave me top-dollar on my HD trade. Before finalizing the deal, contacted the Ft. Lauderdale dealership...told them what they had to beat...never responded.
Thank goodness for Palm Bay, otherwise I may not have a K1600BGA today. The entire experience was surprising...especially contrasted with the buying experience with HD, where they're crawling all over you to make a deal.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I'm a fan of Max BMW. I recall them long before having so many stores. In fact, I recall back when you didn't pay for pickup service. Generally, they are a great resource. I have had some warranty challenges and, in particular, I had trouble dealing between stores. The exact store where you bought your bike is your best service, although, you'd think it was just one company and it shouldn't matter. It does. OR I just stumbled upon a random bonehead.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Only had my GA for 6 months but have been very happy so far with Street Cycles (Falmouth, ME). Very fortunate since it is the only BMW dealer in Maine. They did the transmission recall on my 2018 GA in June.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I live in central FL. Discovered the K1600BGA while on an out-of-state trip.
Decided I wanted to get a 2021 model, and upon return, started to shop.
I quickly found out that there are not many BMW dealers around (certainly not compared with HD dealers). Also, the dealers that do exist aren't carrying much inventory.
I am closest to the dealer in Orlando...they didn't return my call...even after leaving a message about definitely buying one. The dealer in Daytona didn't have one in stock and commenced trying to sell me on the R18. Nothing from Hobe Sound or Tampa either. Only Palm Bay and Ft. Lauderdale dealerships responded to me.
The Palm Bay dealer (Rob) was great...had a demo to ride...didn't have the Mars Red I wanted, but offered to contact the regional BMW rep to see if they could get one...which they did. Also gave me top-dollar on my HD trade. Before finalizing the deal, contacted the Ft. Lauderdale dealership...told them what they had to beat...never responded.
Thank goodness for Palm Bay, otherwise I may not have a K1600BGA today. The entire experience was surprising...especially contrasted with the buying experience with HD, where they're crawling all over you to make a deal.
I too had a great experience with Power Motorcycle in Palm Bay, Fl. Rob, is who I dealt with as well. I met Rob when he was the sale mgr @ Euro Cycles of Daytona, he then went to Ft. Lauderdale, and now Palm Bay. Actually, all the people at Palm Bay are great, even the owner, lol. I couldn't recommend them more. Oh, and the service dept was also pleasant to deal with. My, experience has been, that usually a dealership falls short, in one department or another. Palm Bay has not!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Eurosport Asheville, NC

Great support team, Matt is always ready to help those in need. They have supported many riders during their rides in the area, who have needed emergency work performed.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
^^^ +1 on Engles. It's the only dealership for 200 miles or more, but they've been around forever. Not everyone I know has only positives to say about them. I know a rider or two who would rather have their bikes serviced elsewhere because of a bad experience or two in the past. But, no dealership is perfect. In general, I think the older the dealership, the more they try to value the relationship over the dollar.
I think Ed, the service manager, has rubbed a couple of people the wrong way but that's never been my experience. As I've said, nothing but good experiences for me. I enjoy the back and forth with Ed. YMMV.

Reactions: J-Luv

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am from the Sebastian Florida area, and the Palm Bay dealership (Powers) is great. The staff are very helpful and always friendly. I can heartily recommend them.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Gateway BMW Motorrad St. Louis. Can't say enough good about them. I've dealt with sales, parts and service, and felt nothing but 100% dedication to customer satisfaction from every aspect of that business. I can smell BS from a mile away upwind, and there is none of it there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts