BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the gearbox recall work carried out on the K1600B 14th Feb by Ocean Plymouth, took 2 days not the 5 hours BMW state, not a problem as given an F800 to ride, Good job by the mechanics and staff, been riding for a week and just the same obviously,

Had new tyres fitted at the same time as front worn down to wear limit in just 3500! as not happy with OEM tyres trying Roadtec 01s (had these fitted to my last bike FJR and thought they were good) hopefully they might last a bit longer

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
I would think their times will get quicker as they do more recall procedures. I wouldn't worry too much about the time...would be more concerned they did it correctly!

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Had the gearbox recall work carried out on the K1600B 14th Feb by Ocean Plymouth, took 2 days not the 5 hours BMW state, not a problem as given an F800 to ride, Good job by the mechanics and staff, been riding for a week and just the same obviously,

Had new tyres fitted at the same time as front worn down to wear limit in just 3500! as not happy with OEM tyres trying Roadtec 01s (had these fitted to my last bike FJR and thought they were good) hopefully they might last a bit longer
Worth watching this, especially the middle segment >

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer is telling me that they cannot carry out the gearbox recall work until August/September this year due to supply problems from Germany.
I first contacted them in February (pre-lockdown) about getting it booked in. Is anyone else in the UK having the same problem or do you think I’m being fobbed off? Would appreciate your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
I phoned my dealer on 14th May just to enquire if they were opening up again and to find out when i might be able to book my bike in for the recall work. There and then they gave me a date of 8th June. When I went to collect my bike on the 10th there were 3 others in the workshop being done as well which would suggest, at least a couple of weeks ago, there weren't any parts supply issues. Things could have changed since then I guess. Dealer was Williams Motorrad (Manchester)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi just got my bike back after 2 weeks at the dealers for service and recall work, mechanic was not happy with 6 gear when he put it all back, so in the end had to have a new gearbox on mine, don't think they had any problem getting the parts or a new gearbox,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks guys, I appreciate you taken the time to respond with your experiences of this recall. I'll contact my dealer and have another chat.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
@Mikedh5275 I too had the Roadtec 01s on my FJR prior to the K. I haven't tried them on the K, yet. But I'd be interested in your experience with them. Based on the price point and other's impressions, I'm on my second set of RoadSmart III's. I liked the Metzelers on the FJR very much. I will likely try them on the K eventually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I am reborn to the big K after five years away and due to collect my new bike on Friday (GT version). Had two Multistrada's since. Just wondering what this issue is re the gear box, and if it would affect a new bike?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just wondering what this issue is re the gear box, and if it would affect a new bike?
It doesn't affect a new bike, so my advice would be to enjoy taking delivery and riding the thing.

If you want to know the full story, there's a massive thread that describes the issue and remedy (a worldwide recall and parts replacement).

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealer is telling me that they cannot carry out the gearbox recall work until August/September this year due to supply problems from Germany.
I first contacted them in February (pre-lockdown) about getting it booked in. Is anyone else in the UK having the same problem or do you think I’m being fobbed off? Would appreciate your thoughts.
Same thing happened to me was told I would have to wait till November, and I asked if I could just get a service and new tires in the meantime but was told if they took it in they would have to keep it. For five months I don't think so. Called another dealer getting it done next week. I think your being Fobbed off! I'm in the US by the way.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts