BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received some updates on my ecu tuning equipment, and see the K16 listed, being able to remap.. The ecu is a Bosch MED 17, and I have tuned many cars with that ecu very sucessfully. Quite simple when one has the right equipment. Anybody who have had their bike tuned? I wonder how much the tuners who make the sw are able to squeeze out of this engine.. Cars w/o turbo normally not more than 10%, but I bet its possible to make some more here. I'll look into it after coming home from vacation.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm going to look into that. I don't want to remap, I've got more power than I can use already. I am very interested in being able to see diagnostics, reset service dates and that sort of thing. I've been looking forward to hexcode coming out with a tool but that could be a long while. Will the Bosch equipment let me do the simple stuff. I've used Tuneboy to remap a Triumph, recalibrate the speedometer. They don't have anything to communicate with a BMW though.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not possible via OBD/ diagnostic plug, though. To become able to read/ write to the Tricore processor, one must open the ECU. Then when you have the tools, the ecu must be placed in a BDM jig, and make necessary connections.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks for that information. I'm interested in normal diagnostic communication. Tuneboy was my first use of tech to program a vehicle. I have done setups on industrial machines, turbocharged recips. That equipment was always one off and the program was accessible to me.
I got to reading about remaps on the net after reading your post. It just made me want a new car.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does that allow you to remove the limiter from the GTL?
Sorry for late answer. I had to look into the matter to become qiute sure. Yes, speed limit can be removed/ modified.

What still is a question, is what the tuner does with the mapping. I would have to make sure that the tuner understands the original, and when he does, he can play with different versions after our wishes.

It would be fun with a real smoker Dynamic, maybe a little modified road, and an even softer rain (softer at the very bottom to acommodate the clack even more)?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just received some updates on my ecu tuning equipment, and see the K16 listed, being able to remap.. The ecu is a Bosch MED 17, and I have tuned many cars with that ecu very sucessfully. Quite simple when one has the right equipment. Anybody who have had their bike tuned? I wonder how much the tuners who make the sw are able to squeeze out of this engine.. Cars w/o turbo normally not more than 10%, but I bet its possible to make some more here. I'll look into it after coming home from vacation.
Sir, sorry for my lack of manner but I am new to motorcycle forum. would you know a shop in England that does offer cpu remapping and disablement of speed limiter for k1600gt

·
Registered
386 Posts
I had mine done as a Stage 1 at CJS Racing in Bristol. Sent my ECU of on Monday and got it back on Thursday.

Tweaks the actual throttle map, remove/changes speed limiter, adds some advance and changes the AFR target. I am really pleased with the results, well worth a call.

If yours is a GT you won’t have a speed limiter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts