BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replaced their battery with a non-BMW one in the UK? Mine needs replacing and the ones specified on the various websites are wrong and don't fit. Eg
Yuasa YT19BL-BS

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Dave,

Try going to the Yuasa Website and putting your registration in. I got a different selection when I did that. Still not sure if they are the right battery, not checked dimensions and the like.

Reactions: Dave W

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just done that and that is the battery I bought and it is wrong. It is way to big for the bike. I have managed to find a Motobatt one, MBTX16U that is the correct spec and size.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Thanks, just done that and that is the battery I bought and it is wrong. It is way to big for the bike. I have managed to find a Motobatt one, MBTX16U that is the correct spec and size.
Cheers Dave, I'll store that nugget of information away for when I need a battery. (y)

Reactions: Dave W

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It wont fit a 2017GT. A lot of the sites that allow you to put in the reg and it will give you the batteries that fit show the wrong batteries, that is how I got the wrong one from Halfords.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone replaced their battery with a non-BMW one in the UK? Mine needs replacing and the ones specified on the various websites are wrong and don't fit. Eg
Yuasa YT19BL-BS
Hi, i replaced the standard one on my '12 GT with an Odyssey Extreme, and it's been brilliant - it's a high torque battery so cured the hot starting issue i used to have with the old one once in a while - just keep it topped up via Optimate and always good to go

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Dave, tis is the one I fitted to mine - not sure if this helps or not.........might be worth a call to Nippy Normans, they do a whole range.......hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes that is the one I thought would fit, but my battery is only 151mm wide, 161mm tall and 87mm deep. Yours is much bigger and wont fit. I bought the Yuasa one that Halford's system said fitted my bike and it is way too big.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts