BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Touratech handlebar bag is highly recommended.

I have the Touratech on my GT and it is the best darn bag I have ever found!

Everything is now kept at my fingertips and it is a snap to get at them.

The bag does NOT interfere with the ignition key or movement of the handlebars. It is all a win - win situation. Highly recommended. and top quality too.

Part number 01-047-0210-0

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've been looking, with no success for a small tank bag and came across the following that is made by Wunderlich.

Handlebar Bag All Items For This Bike 1250161 | BMW Wunderlich America

It seems like what I'm looking for and one member of this forum is using a similar one by Tourtech. Has anyone used this bag by Wunderlich? I thought I'd check first before ordering. I just have a few things that I want to carry and this looks like it will work. It's less than $75.00.
I have the Wunderlich handlebar bag. The photo you are showing of the bag is not the bag you get. Look at their website for the current bag. When I ordered mine, I thought i was getting the bag in your picture. When the bag arrived, it is different and much smaller. There is not a place for pens, etc.. I called Wunderlich, they explained I received the new version, at that time they had not updated the website.. Pros - the bag is excellent construction, fits perfectly on the GTL and does not obstruct view of the dash. Cons - very small, I can put my glasses in it, or my garage door opener and a very small camera, will not hold all three items....

·
Registered
768 Posts
I just ordered the Touratech handlebar bag. It is in stock right now and is less expensive than the Wunderlich bag. Also, there is some small print on the Wunderlich web page about keeping your things in a plastic bag if you want to make sure they don't get wet. The Touratech bag claims to be waterproof. It looks like the perfect place to keep my camera, EZ pass, waterproof glove covers etc, so I can get to them fast without getting off the bike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just ordered the Touratech handlebar bag. It is in stock right now and is less expensive than the Wunderlich bag. Also, there is some small print on the Wunderlich web page about keeping your things in a plastic bag if you want to make sure they don't get wet. The Touratech bag claims to be waterproof. It looks like the perfect place to keep my camera, EZ pass, waterproof glove covers etc, so I can get to them fast without getting off the bike.
When you get the bag, let me know what size it is and how many items it holds...

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
I can tell you IT IS water proof. I rode for 250 miles in Hurricane Isaac last year & everything in my Touratech bag stayed dry.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Street EVO Media Edition?

Anybody have experience (better yet...pictures) of the Wunderlich Handlebar bag Street EVO Media Edition model? Curious as to the size of the bag--specifically whether it's large enough to fit a Kenwood TK-3200 type radio (without the antenna).

·
Registered
191 Posts
Another happy Touratech bar bag user. I will probably get a SW-Motech tank ring bag (City model) for longer rides (hold water, liners at the ready, etc), but for commuting or couple hour weekend rides, its great.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Your quest for the perfect tankbag reminds me of my wife's search for the perfect purse.

For her it is the quest more than the goal, or so it seems by the endless purse shopping. Shoes too.

:clap::clap::clap:

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Anybody have experience (better yet...pictures) of the Wunderlich Handlebar bag Street EVO Media Edition model? Curious as to the size of the bag--specifically whether it's large enough to fit a Kenwood TK-3200 type radio (without the antenna).
I know - dredging up an old thread...

I haven't been able to find much out there on the Wunderlich Media Edition handlebar bag - anyone have one and if so, how does it work for you? At the risk of asking a dumb question, can an iPhone be operated through the pvc "window?" I can't imagine it could, but wanted to ask anyways.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
To the guys that have the handlebar bags, both the touratech and the wunderlich, are you able to keep your toll pass inside the bag and have it trigger? It would be great to not have to mount it if this works.
I ended up buying the Wunderlich with the media window and it's great. I've got a 5A circuit from the PDM60 wired into it to charge the iPhone and power a 5W Kenwood radio. Holds some other "essentials" too.

As far as your toll pass question - I don't know, I've never put my EZPass on the K16. I DID register the K16's license plate with EZPass though so it'll still bill the account even though I don't have the pass on the bike. I don't have to deal with any toll-gate (with the raising bar) type of arrangements, just the roll-through kind and have never had an issue with a ticket for not having it - the system registers the license number and the toll just comes off the account; just like having the EZPass on the bike.

If you don't have to deal with the bar-type toll plazas, I'd investigate if you can just add the license number to your account and do without mounting the toll pass on the bike entirely.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ended up buying the Wunderlich with the media window and it's great. I've got a 5A circuit from the PDM60 wired into it to charge the iPhone and power a 5W Kenwood radio. Holds some other "essentials" too.

As far as your toll pass question - I don't know, I've never put my EZPass on the K16. I DID register the K16's license plate with EZPass though so it'll still bill the account even though I don't have the pass on the bike. I don't have to deal with any toll-gate (with the raising bar) type of arrangements, just the roll-through kind and have never had an issue with a ticket for not having it - the system registers the license number and the toll just comes off the account; just like having the EZPass on the bike.

If you don't have to deal with the bar-type toll plazas, I'd investigate if you can just add the license number to your account and do without mounting the toll pass on the bike entirely.
I have been going back and forth in my mind between the media and regular version of the wunderlich bag. I even wrote them, no response, to see if they were going to release a version of the bag to fit the larger phones since the 6+ and larger samsung phones won't fit. I then thought, well, maybe i'll just keep the toll transponder in the clear window. Then I further thought....yea, a lot of spinning gears but no traction in the brain....anyway, I thought, well, if works in the clear pocket, I would probably work in the bag itself. So I figured I would lean on the brains in the forum.

As for the plate pass. We have that down here and very few gates but in Florida, if you use the transponder, all the tolls are 50%. So I don't mind if a few don't read but many of the tolls are $2+ each and having that 50% adds up pretty quickly.

I know there are a few threads that talk about places to mount it but i was hoping that i could stick it in the handlebar bag and not have to mess with it and still be out of the way.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts