1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
Hmmmm...maybe I should have tried some of this stuff!?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Reactions: J-Luv

·
Premium Member
6,757 Posts
About 10 years ago I bought the 5 lb. jug of lube from NoMar. Still a few more years of use @Arizona Jim.

Duane

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
It sounds like it's similar to the No-Mar compound which works great.
I have a jar of the NoMar. Videos I watched lots of folks used Windex. I tried to see for myself. It actually worked as well but the slick doesn't last very long. But it isn't as messy as the NoMar product when you're wrestling spoons and rim protectors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I decided to try the Dunlop RS3 tires this time. I have a No Mar manual unit and while the front went on easy the rear just increased my vocabulary exponentially. I got the tire on the wheel OK but could not get to finish mounting it. Looked at a number of You Tube clips but never got it right. Went to a guy that advertises mounting and balancing tires locally. I drove up and a young woman had that installed in no time while her husband and I talked bikes. Cost was $20.00. Next time I can have the tires dropped shipped to his location and drive out for the install. I can remove and install the mounted tires for a total of $70.00, and that is front and rear. Needless to say I'm done with this No Mar.

RayG

·
Registered
396 Posts
I used a No-Mar for years and sometimes encountered the same problem. It is vitally important to keep the area opposite the mount/demount bar as deep in the wheel as possible. Unfortunately, BMW wheels have a pretty shallow drop center. I used their tire clamp tool extensively. Michelin tires I found to always be easy to mount. If you watch demonstrations at the motorcycle shows, you'll find the the wheels and tires being used are well-chosen.

Years ago, I bought a K&L changer and have never looked back. I won't claim that it will pay for itself, but neither will the motorcycle. The satisfaction of being independent and able to help friends is worth quite a lot to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts