BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post on this forum,

I had many happy years with a K1200LT (2002) and a very happy wife that loved touring on it.

Then I went over to the Dark Side and bought a R1200RT. Lovely bike to ride, much better and lighter.
BUT the rear seat is rubbish. Terrible position and very uncomfortable.

After test rides and taking further instructions from "The Senior Partner" I am now waiting for my new K1600 GTL to arrive.

She is happy and new tours around Europe are being planned.

·
Bubonic
1,398 Posts
Welcome!!

Yes, I was expecting many many long detailed paragraphs about tires.

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
780 Posts

I had many happy years with a K1200LT (2002) and a very happy wife that loved touring on it.

Then I went over to the Dark Side and bought a R1200RT. Lovely bike to ride, much better and lighter.

After test rides and taking further instructions from "The Senior Partner" I am now waiting for my new K1600 GTL to arrive.

sadly she will not like it as much as the LT

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
sadly she will not like it as much as the LT
I thought the same going from the LT, but to my surprise, my wife is really happy on the back of the GTL. The armrests are a big plus, and the performance difference puts a big smile on her face. It's certainly a huge improvement over the passenger space on an RT.

·
Registered
60 Posts

We considered a R1250RT before we bought our 2nd GTL. As you said, the pillion didn’t pass muster with my lady! If I ever start riding solo I will definitely consider one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts