BMW K1600 Forum banner

Return From The Dark Side

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  beemerdude2014 
#1 ·
My first post on this forum,

I had many happy years with a K1200LT (2002) and a very happy wife that loved touring on it.

Then I went over to the Dark Side and bought a R1200RT. Lovely bike to ride, much better and lighter.
BUT the rear seat is rubbish. Terrible position and very uncomfortable.

After test rides and taking further instructions from "The Senior Partner" I am now waiting for my new K1600 GTL to arrive.

She is happy and new tours around Europe are being planned.

#3 ·
Welcome!!

Yes, I was expecting many many long detailed paragraphs about tires.

#5 ·

I had many happy years with a K1200LT (2002) and a very happy wife that loved touring on it.

Then I went over to the Dark Side and bought a R1200RT. Lovely bike to ride, much better and lighter.

After test rides and taking further instructions from "The Senior Partner" I am now waiting for my new K1600 GTL to arrive.

sadly she will not like it as much as the LT

#7 ·

We considered a R1250RT before we bought our 2nd GTL. As you said, the pillion didn’t pass muster with my lady! If I ever start riding solo I will definitely consider one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.