BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here use the Rever app? I have the "pro" version (only ~$50/yr), and have an issue with the twisty route planning feature.

If I plan a route on the app to a destination using twisty route, turn-by-turn directions, once I start riding, if I deviate from the route at all, it automatically reroutes me to the fastest route instead of keeping me on the original twisty route.

I can't find a setting to fix this, not sure if it's a glitch... currently on most up to date version, on both my work iPhone & personal Android. Same problem on both phones.

Does anyone have any experience with this for a solution?
I've emailed Rever customer service, but no response.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
That does sound like a glitch. Have you tried adding a few more way points between point A and B to see if you can force it to use your planned route?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That does sound like a glitch. Have you tried adding a few more way points between point A and B to see if you can force it to use your planned route?
I have not. I've only used it for destination route planning.
No matter how short (a 5mile ride into town) or long (3 hours north to a state park) of a trip I plan with it, still does it.

I'll try and plan it as a multi-waypoint twisty route and see what happens. Good idea. Thanks.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Under settings go to Navigation then go to Off-Route Recalculation. Make sure it is set to off. If on automatic it will not work how you want it to.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry I forgot to ask what GPS you are using. This will work on the Garmin. Setting this will tell the unit not to reroute if you go off the planned route. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Under settings go to Navigation then go to Off-Route Recalculation. Make sure it is set to off. If on automatic it will not work how you want it to.
i've checked on both android & iphone, and desktop version. I cannot find what your referring to. If willing, please post screenshot. I'm lost. this is on the Rever App. not a gps device.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure if you have gone this far - but have you contacted Rever tech support? See if there is a solution or at a minimum, let them know there is an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts