BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving chicago sunday to Galloway NJ and usually take the toll from pitt to penn and I was hoping somebody knows a much more entertaining route to get there. tia Steve

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in galloway and will be taking the atl cty turnpike to i76w. or..

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
It just depends on how much time you have. North of 80 you can jump on the 120 up through lockhaven, make sure you stop at OddFellas for lunch. From there up the 120 to 144 north to 44, or kettle creek to 144 to 44, all the way to 6 which is the scenic hwy cutting east/west. In my experience however PA is littered with interesting little roads, most of them running north/south. If you make it as far north as 6 you can either cut west from there or if you have time go across and cut back down south again. The 44,144, 414 are all interesting and scenic roads. There are lots of little side roads you would normally ignore but which turn out to be fun little roads. Several times we have run into road closures only to find out the little side road was paved, fun, and very scenic. It all comes down to how much time you have. At minimum, 6 is way more scenic than 76. Right now the problem you will have is access to any of the parks. Not sure what is happening in PA but they have covid notices on the park websites.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I’ve read PA is cracking down on folks being out and about. So just be thoughtful of your speed, etc so they don’t give you the business. Now if it were down south, it’s the opposite. But you are up north with them yanks.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Earthling is spot on with routing... rural and beautiful to the north. Warning we received 1/2” of snow tonight, but strong chance it will be gone by the weekend. Temps have been mid 50’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts